Would anyone like to share techniques or ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJWalecka

Would anyone like to share techniques or ideas?

I worked with a company that would make jack stands. The jack stands were constructed out of scrap unistrut. The unistrut was welded together in an upside down "peace symbol" shape. An "H" shaped base was used to support the bottom. A Rigid coupling cut in half was welded on the top.
It seemed like an efficient use of scrap material. Competently crafted it could be a cheaper alternative to buying jack stands.

Joe Mush

I came up with a way to bond pool water by using a stainless steel plate that fits in the skimmer with a threaded stud that you drill through the back of the skimmer for the bonding lug. This should be UL listed in less than two weeks.

Last edited by a moderator:

JJWalecka

At a recent code update an instructor mentioned using a stainless steel rigid coupling installed in the pvc water piping system. The coupling would be bonded according to code.

Joe Mush

One of the best things about using this bonding plate is you don't have to get in folded with the plumbing of the pool that shouldn't be part of electricians job anyway.

electricalperson

Joe Mush said:
I came up with a way to bond pool water by using a stainless steel plate that fits in the skimmer with a threaded stud that you drill through the back of the skimmer for the bonding lug. This should be UL listed in less than two weeks.
thats the best idea ever do you plan on selling them soon?

Joe Mush

Thanks for the kind words. They are already in some of the Supply houses.
It is called Bond Safe 680
PM me if you can't find them

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
that's frickin brilliant brother. i was just talking w/ one of my pool contractors today about this and trying to figure out what we were going to do next year. this guy never uses handrails and uses fiber or led lighting. will they be available in georgia?

frizbeedog

Joe Mush said:

Joe, on how many forums are you plugging you product?

:rolleyes:

Joe Mush

They should be available in Georgia. If you can't find them PM me.

I have been posting on several forums just trying to get the word out that there is a easy way to bond pool water.

jrannis

Joe Mush said:

Can you post a pic or link? I cant seem to find it on google.
I really dont do many pools and want to see the application

iwire

Staff member
jrannis said:
Can you post a pic or link? I cant seem to find it on google.
I really dont do many pools and want to see the application

No, he can not, there is no advertising allowed here. I actually already removed his pictures.

But you could PM him and ask whatever you want. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.