would much appreciate some help please

Jerzeysfinest

Occupation
Contractor
so there is a disconnect outside under the meter can that has a 200 amp breaker inside , that feeds the power to the home on the property that will be delivered soon now my question is if the new home has a main panel that is 100 amps what would you run that as ? service wise and what size wire ? see i would assume they should take the 200 amp breaker out the disconnect and install a 100 amp and then run the service as a 100 amps ! or is there another option here as i do know the new panel will accept the wire size of a 200 amp service > please any help on what the best thing to do is please . i always like to triple check things especially in new areas >

Eddie702

Licensed Electrician
Occupation
Electrician
If the new panel has a 100-amp main breaker that will accept 200 amp wire I would go that route. If it is a MLO panel maybe you can install a back feed breaker. Or put a separate breaker in the house by the panel

Jerzeysfinest

Occupation
Contractor
i should mention it is a mobile home so they would never need 200 amps or they many spaces in the panel lol , . and yes i checked the panel box and it says 1-4 wire on nuetral lug

Jerzeysfinest

Occupation
Contractor
and just run it as a 200 amp service iknow the main panel will never allow it to exceed 100 amps so thats no big deal . wire is way to exspensive to have a bad foul up lol

Last edited by a moderator: