WSSC question

hhsting

Occupation
Junior plan reviewer
I have plans from WSSC link here:

I am being told that review is not required because its state agency and also it falls under NEC 2017 Article 90.2(B)(5) WSSC uses wastewater to transformer into electricity. See link below:

I just dont see how it directly generates electricity since they convert waste water to methane gas which they sell to produce electricity. I don’t see how it falls under NEC 90.2(B)(5)? Also being state agency is it true that local AHJ non stare inspectors dont set foot on state property or inspect them?

hhsting

Occupation
Junior plan reviewer
I have plans from WSSC link here:

I am being told that review is not required because its state agency and also it falls under NEC 2017 Article 90.2(B)(5) WSSC uses wastewater to transformer into electricity. See link below:

I just dont see how it directly generates electricity since they convert waste water to methane gas which they sell to produce electricity. I don’t see how it falls under NEC 90.2(B)(5)? Also being state agency is it true that local AHJ non stare inspectors dont set foot on state property or inspect them?

Sorry forgot to add: The plans are for new waste water pumping station.

"The District operates as a public corporation of the State of Maryland under the Public Utilities Article of the Annotated Code of Maryland, as amended (the "Public Utilities Article")."

I don't think that makes it a state agency like the MVA or State Department of Assessments and Taxation (SDAT).

hhsting

Occupation
Junior plan reviewer
"The District operates as a public corporation of the State of Maryland under the Public Utilities Article of the Annotated Code of Maryland, as amended (the "Public Utilities Article")."

I don't think that makes it a state agency like the MVA or State Department of Assessments and Taxation (SDAT).

Where do you see that? It says WSSC is state created bi-county agency governed by PG and montgomery count. Its state created so would not be state agency?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk