xray equipment

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcole

Whats up guys and gal? Need to install branch circuit for xray equipment and include it in a service load calculation. I am having a hard time figuring out the nameplate information. Here is the info:

Amp MOM-220rms
Max Kvp-125
Amp L.T.-5
Max MA-300

Part V of Art. 517 talks about momentary rating and long term rating for sizing the disco. Is "amp MOM" the momentary rating? Which is the long term rating "Amp L.T."? What do the others mean and why are they important? Also how would I figure VA for load calculaiton for service? Equipment is 240V. Appreciate all replies. Got to run might have a few more ?'s

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
kvp is peak kv. max MA is milliampers of the low voltage stream which controls the amount of photons produced. i think amp MOM will be the momentary peak amperage. a lot of them take 125v 20a connections.

chris kennedy

Occupation
60 yr old tool twisting electrician
Thats not the part of the name plate you need to be concerned with. If this is fixed X-Ray equip. there will be very specific electrical requirements in the manufactures literature. Pay close attention to their VD tables as they do not match NEC fpn VD calcs.

dbuckley

An xray machine that consumes 220A at 240V is well outside what I've seen in health facilities, is this an industrial perchance? Its numbers sort of add up though - 300mA at 125KV is 37.5KVA, which on a 240V supply is about 160A, right ballpark.

quogueelectric

The equipment supplier

The equipment supplier

I am sure has plans and specs for the install. I sugest that you ask them for a detailed plan for this installation. There will be almost as much work wiring the controls and interlocks as wiring the power for the xray generator

jcole

Sorry just getting back. The manufactor is HCMI (Health Care Manufactoring Inc). The model # is HF300. I wish specs and prints were available. This is a small town chiroprator who is moving his office. The guy over seeing the project has more eyes than teeth. And no he doesnt have more than two eyes. In other words hes not much help. The existing feeder is 100A. I was wanting to do a feeder calculation to see if it was oversized because there is an existing feeder and disco rated 60A already in the room where the xray equipment will be. Also I wanting to know how to figure the va for a service load calculation. The existing service is 200A. The total area of the office is about 1600 sqf. with 65 general purpose receps. The only electric equipment is condensing unit (35A) and the Xray equip (?A). They are adding a 1300 sqf dwelling (3tons hvac, DW, Dryer, gd, ref, range, all electric) to the second floor. I tried selling a service upgrade but my toothless so called project manager says he dont think it needs a service upgrade. So here I am trying to figure out service size. Just by looking at the info I gave what do you guys think. I think it is real close to 200A if not more. He might be right but I still need to do a calculation in case the inspector asks for one. I tried the literature that the doc had on the equipment but no luck. I tried calling the manu. and obviously they changed numbers because it rings once and then it sounds like I am connecting to America Online. Sorry I didnt break this up a little so it would be easier to read but I just sat down and started typing. Appreciate all replies and opinions.

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
oh this is too funny. here's what i found on your machine:

PRODUCT
HCMI operator control panels for chiropractic x-ray systems, Model #HF300, HF600, HF3SE, and HF3SEE. Recall # Z-0729-03.
CODE
Serial numbers 108, 111, 140, 153, 160, 180, 214, 217, 238, 242, 246, 247, 251 thru 254, 256 thru 267, 269 thru 272, 275, 276, 279, 280, 283, 284, 287, 288, 289, 302 thru 318, 321, 322, 323, 330 thru 334, 352, and 1001 thru 1407.
RECALLING FIRM/MANUFACTURER
Health Care Manufacturing, Inc., Springfield, MO, by telephone approximately May 15, 2003. FDA initiated recall is ongoing.
REASON
Required labeling (certification and manufacturer's label) was missing from the Operator Control Panels.
VOLUME OF PRODUCT IN COMMERCE
476 units.
DISTRIBUTION
Nationwide.

Nice. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.