XZERES Killowatt Master AZR 1000+

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishRugger

Is anyone familiar with the XZERES Killowatt Master XZR 1000+?

Has anyone ever installed these?

The manufacturer is out of Oregon. They claim they are a energy saving device that will cut electric utility costs.

I was appraoched today by a non electrical contractor dealer to install this equiptment, I told him that I wanted some more tech info on the item, he did not have any on him , so I told them I did not want to do any installs untill I recieved some literature to research the product.

He told me to look on their website. I went to the website and I did not find enough information to satisfy me. The gentleman who is selling them says he will get me the literature next week.

I just was wondering if anyone on this forum can shed some light on this product. Also I wonder if it is UL listed? How can I confirm it is UL listed there was no visible sticker on the product I was looking at.

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks

Irishrugger

P.S I'm not selling them just been asked to do installs.

Joethemechanic

Occupation
Electro-Mechanical Technician. Industrial machinery
Unless the POCO is charging for low power factor (I know of none that charge residential customers for low PF) then the unit is a total scam.

BTW, not a whole lot of commercial customers are charged by the POCO for low PF either.

kwired

Electron manager
My best guess is it is nothing more than a capacitor and any information they give you will claim that it improves power factor, which it probably does. Most users outside of heavy industrial users do not pay anything extra for having poor power factor and therefore it will save very little energy cost.

I would have declined his offer and maybe even attempted to educate him on power factor and what really goes on with the device and other similar ones.

IrishRugger

Not again!!! See, we should have made Gars post a sticky.

My apologies it didn't occur to me that this has been discussed on a previous thread. Please direct me to the previous thread.

I do appreciate your responses. My gut feeling is that installing these is something I do not want to pursue.

kwired

Electron manager
My apologies it didn't occur to me that this has been discussed on a previous thread. Please direct me to the previous thread.

I do appreciate your responses. My gut feeling is that installing these is something I do not want to pursue.

There have been many threads on this topic.

Do a search of the words "snake oil" and most results will likely be on this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.