Yellow page ads

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do any of you have success with running yellow page ads? I have an offer, buy 1 ad and get the same size ad in a 2nd book for free. I have heard that yellow page ads are a waste of money but this was from 2 a/c contractors and 1 plumber. Thanks for any advice.

sjaniga

Re: Yellow page ads

Eddy,
The yellow page ads we have uses have worked out for us just beautifull. A few tips would be to try and stand out from the crowd by using multi-color and put as much description in your ad as possible.

Our first year in business we baught a 2x3 black and white which cost roughly $800.00/yr, we have estimated that it brought in about 15K in extra business. since then we do the 3x5 four color which runs around 3K/yr but brings in roughly 100k/yr in sales.

Since we are not at our goal just yet with our customer base we continue to advertise very heavily, to us it is worth every penny.

Scott

jeffrose

It depends on what type of clientel you are trying to attract. It tends to draw alot of service work especially if your company name lands early in the alpabet.

charlie tuna

i have never gone the route but know guys that have. first, you need to be set up for the business that comes your way right from the start. so the size of the add (money spent) should match the capabilities (men and trucks/equipment) that you have.

Status
Not open for further replies.