You Said What!?......You're A Bonehead....

Status
Not open for further replies.

stickboy1375

augie47 said:
there have been a few times over the years when an electrician/contractor has asked to meet me on a job to discuss a problem. Sometimes my clothing identifies me as an inspector, sometimes not. On more than one occasion, the gc/builder/homowner will show up, overhear the discussion, and let loose profound verbage about what he things abouts rules/inspectors. Aftervthe rant, I will politely introduce myself :)

I like the suit your wearing in your avatar... :grin:

roger3829

mdshunk said:
I was bragging to a counter man that I was finishing up a job where XYZ Electric got fired from. The counter man said with a big smile on his face, "Let me introduce you to Mr. Smith, owner of XYZ Electric", who was standing right next to me. Oops, again.

I was speaking to a homeowner about what electrical violations a "home inspector" found. I said most of what he put down were not "violations". I told the homeowner that most "home inpsectors" really had no clue what they are talking about........just as the inspector walked up. Oh well.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
A company that I used to work for did a lot of work in an office building. We always had to meet the building manager before we got started which meant meeting his secretary every time. One day we're on a job and start chatting with some of the other trades about this and that when the subject of this building comes up. One of the guys says "Do you know Ann (can't remember her real name)?" My journeyman says "Yeah, I can't stand that [expletive]" to which the other guy replies "That's my wife". Ever the diplomat my JW responds "Sorry dude that's just the way I feel".

Rewire

I had my cell on speaker and thought I had hung up when I closed the phone but after complaining out load about idiots doing their own work I here "what did you say" comming from my shirt pocket.

cowboyjwc

Staff member
I have of course done the "The idiot who did this had no idea what they were doing."

We were working on a custom home one time and were setting finish. The HO's are a couple that you look at and ask how did he get a wife like that. Getting ready to hang the dining room chandalier, me on the ladder holding it (I weighed all of about 150 pounds, if that, at the time, chandalier probably about a 100) and the boss down below playing boss with the wife. "Could you lift it up about two links?" Discuss, discuss discuss, "could you move in down like one link",discuss, discuss, discuss. "I don't,know do you think an inch or two will make that much difference?" I pop off, "Well I guess it all depends on what you're doing with that inch or two." My boss went beet red and told me later that the only thing that saved my job is that the wife was laughing so hard she was crying and had to sit down.

Podagrower

The last resi company I worked for had two-way radios in all the trucks, pre cell phone. Our dispatcher forgot to hand out a 7:30 service call, and had to call someone to go cover the job.
She calls the jm back to tell him "I told them you had a flat tire, and that is why you were running late".
He was already in the driveway with the ho right next to the van.:grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.