You seen these?

Status
Not open for further replies.

76nemo

15A rotating duplex's????

360_WEB_017.jpg

I have yet to hear anything about these, have you guys?

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
My guess is that they're good for polarized wall transformers where you can only plug in one in a standard duplex receptacle.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
76nemo said:
15A rotating duplex's????
I have yet to hear anything about these, have you guys?

Yes, they have been posted before about 6 months ago. A novel idea but I can't imagine many being sold. Are the TR? ;)

SegDog

don't want to spoil things...

don't want to spoil things...

but, I've had these in my house for at least fifteen (15) years. Child-resistant twist covers. I keep meaning to replace with seasoned-citizen easy-open covers.

YHS

76nemo

SegDog said:
but, I've had these in my house for at least fifteen (15) years. Child-resistant twist covers. I keep meaning to replace with seasoned-citizen easy-open covers.

YHS

15 years, eh??? Rotating receptacles???? I was wondering if these new ones I saw where UL listed, would you like to tell me your 15 year old ones are?

Ok after seeing that I not sure what safety officer put his stamp of approval on that lol. I guess having recepticles with a face like appearance not enought temptation for a child to go investigate but now like have them rottational so the young ones now can stick some forks/knives in the slots as they pretend they are driving the house.

*Hey Honey got some new toys that will entertain the kids"

Very bad concept IMHO

~FyE~

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
SegDog said:
but, I've had these in my house for at least fifteen (15) years. Child-resistant twist covers.
No, you haven't. The receptacles in the pictures are not rotating covers, they're rotating receptacles.

mxslick

My favorite electroincs store got a lot of those as surplus.. makes me wonder if they didn't pass Quality Control or maybe even UL?

I did get to play with one on display, the rotational aspect seemed sloppy which would make me question how good the sliding contacts on the inside are making contact. :)

If they still have any left I may pick one up to take apart...

wireguru

id love to take one of those in a pitch black room, plug a 2kw load into one and rotate it and see if i see any evidence of arcing inside, maybe a thermal image too

Status
Not open for further replies.