zone and power packs

Status
Not open for further replies.

MBLES

we are working off a lighting plan and noticed that the plan mention that contractor has to provide lighting controls and or relays the drawing has Occupancy Sensors almost every room. will we need to provide a power pack for each room or do power packs control different area off one zone??

The plans show 10 zones each for different areas would that be a power pack controlling each are or am i missing something.

i will assume zone #1 will cover 4 rooms and a common area. each room has OSensor, would one power pack control all areas mentioned

MBLES

we are working off a lighting plan and noticed that the plan mention that contractor has to provide lighting controls and or relays the drawing has Occupancy Sensors almost every room. will we need to provide a power pack for each room or do power packs control different area off one zone??

The plans show 10 zones each for different areas would that be a power pack controlling each are or am i missing something.

i will assume zone #1 will cover 4 rooms and a common area. each room has OSensor, would one power pack control all areas mentioned

i would appeciate is someone explain the concept of occupancy sensors and powerpacks for lighting. im having problems with how these ZONED area are supposed to work with OSensors. Please and Thanks

iwire

Staff member
i would appeciate is someone explain the concept of occupancy sensors and powerpacks for lighting. im having problems with how these ZONED area are supposed to work with OSensors. Please and Thanks

Do you have make and model numbers so we might know what you are dealing with?

MBLES

Do you have make and model numbers so we might know what you are dealing with?

no sir, i will be sure to ask tomorrow.

per drawing it just shows 10 zones and pretty much 5 OS per area some even in differnt rooms. i was just wondering if each OS in different rooms would need there own power packs. There is no detail for lighting controls or equipment type. i wish i knew how to up load attachments to show the drawing. i know more tomrrow and repost.

MBLES

Possibly the picture is too large (in bytes). You can try putting it on a photo sharing site instead.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

i found out more information. the OS will be DT 300series the power packs will be the ones on wiring diagram source is 120v. The print only shows the OS location but has no lighting circuit plan only lighitng plan showing light fixture location. Does even show which type DT300 or DT305. The lighitng will have regular switch and the 2x4 fixture will be LED 33w @120v. some rooms show 4 sensors in one room.

MY questions are

1. A class room shows 4 ceiling OSenors and 2-3way swithces should I think about seperating the room and putting 2 sensors on 1 power pack?.
1a. should i run one power pack for all 4 OSensors?

2. I have offices 8 offices that show ceilling OS and Swtich OS sensors half and half. would i be able to use 1 power pack to operate 2 seperate rooms or would i need to power each area with its own power pack?

3. have a whole open are with 8 senors including hall ways Would i need to operate all senors or lighting from on power pack?

Thanks for any help

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
MY questions are

1. A class room shows 4 ceiling OSenors and 2-3way swithces should I think about seperating the room and putting 2 sensors on 1 power pack?.
1a. should i run one power pack for all 4 OSensors?

Unless it shows them switching separately, no. Sounds like they want to make sure all the room is covered. Check load ratings of the power pack, but yes should be able to use one power pack so all lighting switches together.

2. I have offices 8 offices that show ceilling OS and Swtich OS sensors half and half. would i be able to use 1 power pack to operate 2 seperate rooms or would i need to power each area with its own power pack?

You need a power pack for each room, otherwise all lighting will switch together.

3. have a whole open are with 8 senors including hall ways Would i need to operate all senors or lighting from on power pack?

Thanks for any help

You may want to check specs on power pack or get an RFI on that. If they want all switching together and power pack can't handle load, you could route it to relays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.