floor receptacle

Status
Not open for further replies.

lmchenry

What type of cover would be required for a wet location floor receptacle? Is there an approved type bubble cover? Here in Tennessee the receptacle does not have to be weather resistant. (State revision of 08)

iwire

Staff member
I think the only way to get a floor receptacle in this location is to find a way to call it a dry location.

What is the actual area?

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
Aren't those PVC boxes for floor outlets rated for wet location. We put them in slabs all the time. The cover is a different story.

Resi_Box.JPG

As all have mentioned, this may be a tough situation, especially if the location in the floor is specific for a piece of equipment. If so, then a 'doghouse' type of floor receptacle may work...unless it will be hit by beating rain.

Relocating the receptacle may be the only choice.

iMuse97

As all have mentioned, this may be a tough situation, especially if the location in the floor is specific for a piece of equipment. If so, then a 'doghouse' type of floor receptacle may work...unless it will be hit by beating rain.

Relocating the receptacle may be the only choice.

Yes:smile: like the doghouse idea if you can put a wet loc. cover on it. I do think that I would try to relocate to a vertical support or surface or install a support for it at the loc., if the stub up is already installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.