Feeding an RV Site???

Status
Not open for further replies.

horrorsix

I have a situation where I need to run a 100A sub-panel to feed 2- 50A circuits for two separate RV stands. These are in the homeowners back yard not in aan RV park.

I was going to run a 100A sub to his garage then feed two 50A circuits from there.

The garage is attached to the house and the 100A sub will be about 50ft from the main panel which is in the basement. My questions are...

1. Is this OK to have the 100A sub panel in the garage? Does it have to be in line of site of the RV's

2. I assume each 50A circuit to the RV's have to be GFCI protected?

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)
I have a situation where I need to run a 100A sub-panel to feed 2- 50A circuits for two separate RV stands. These are in the homeowners back yard not in aan RV park.

I was going to run a 100A sub to his garage then feed two 50A circuits from there.

The garage is attached to the house and the 100A sub will be about 50ft from the main panel which is in the basement. My questions are...

1. Is this OK to have the 100A sub panel in the garage?
If the load allows
Does it have to be in line of site of the RV's ?
no
2. I assume each 50A circuit to the RV's have to be GFCI protected?
Incorrect assumption

horrorsix

OK. I don't think I explained the set up entirely right. The 2 50A recepticals for the RV's are going to be located outside. They have to be GFCI protected right?

The Iceman

OK. I don't think I explained the set up entirely right. The 2 50A recepticals for the RV's are going to be located outside. They have to be GFCI protected right?

I don't think 50A receptacles need to be GFCI protected, but 15 and 20A receptacles do. Also check out article 551.78 (A) Wet Locations 2008 NEC.

Status
Not open for further replies.