Not really 250ft. in a roll of romex?

Status
Not open for further replies.

480sparky

Ahhh... man... just when it was gettin good.:grin:

Yea. I was kinda hoping to learn something.

It must be a national security threat to release that information to the public.
smiley_bodyguard.gif

electricalperson

i think a good way to verify this is to measure out 500feet in a big parking lot or something and unroll a 500 foot spool of wire. the truth will soon be known using this method.

electricalperson

Oh, I thought you where just trying to be pertinacious.:rolleyes:

i had to look that word up:grin:

per⋅ti⋅na⋅cious  /ˌpɜrtnˈeɪʃəs/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [pur-tn-ey-shuhs] Show IPA
Use pertinacious in a Sentence
?adjective 1. holding tenaciously to a purpose, course of action, or opinion; resolute.
2. stubborn or obstinate.
3. extremely or objectionably persistent: a pertinacious salesman from whom I could not escape.

Flex

per⋅ti⋅na⋅cious  /ˌpɜrtnˈeɪʃəs/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [pur-tn-ey-shuhs] Show IPA
?adjective 1. holding tenaciously to a purpose, course of action, or opinion; resolute.
3. extremely or objectionably persistent: a pertinacious salesman from whom I could not escape.

just googled it myself

chris kennedy

Occupation
60 yr old tool twisting electrician

just googled it myself

As did I. Who would have figured Bob as an English major that needs algebra lessons.:rolleyes:

480sparky

Those things have been around longer than I have, and I'm older than dirt.

Maybe the romex is the right length and the tape measure is wrong.

Or the raceway. Maybe 10' sticks of EMT are actually 125" long.

petey_c

brian john, If they advertise 250', to sell anything less would be false advertising and they could be sued. Remember Mickey D's 1/4 lb pre cooked weight and the lawsuit? Tell that to the people who make lumber.. 2X4s = 1 5/8" X 3 5/8", 1/2" plywood actually 15/32", etc. The city of NY recently closed 250 gas pumps because they were "mis-calibrated". Off by a penny a gallon for 5 - 10,000 gallons/day adds up and for some reason, it's not usually in the customer's favo(u)r.... Off to work now. Hope everybody has a safe and Happy Fourth of July. pete

iwire

Staff member
I'm sure this isn't this isn't the first time that you noticed this? Comments by some are allowed, where others get deleted! I wouldn't be surprised if this one gets deleted.

How would you do it?

Would you just delete everything or would you delete nothing even though the owner of the forum has asked you to moderate the forum?

For what it's worth I went and doubled checked and not one person has reported a single post in this thread. We mention time and time again if anyone has a problem with a thread or post ........... notify us ........:smile:

At the top right of every post (except your own) is this
report.gif
click on it and you get to send your concerns to every moderators email. You can also use it to report a moderators post if you have a problem with a mods post.

Status
Not open for further replies.