Laid Off...

Status
Not open for further replies.

stickboy1375

Bummer, might be getting laid off next week. I thought I might have a better chance working for a smaller company, but seems things are catching up for everyone.

ptrip

After having been laid off 6 times in my short career already ... hang in there.

It sucks. But sometimes newer and better opportunities present themselves.

Good luck.

glene77is

Since I don't have any work today, I'll just mention that I've survived a dozen lay-offs in the last 15 years. I've had better success working for myself trouble-shooting and repairing on other people's work. My brain works even when the economy is sour.

I was talking with the owner of a small shop yesterday, and he related that it was during a layoff that he spent six months digging through his Handbook and CodeBook, then took the state Masters test. (Great thanks to his wife was given). He has been self-employed for 16 years now, preferring service work.

Stick with it, Stickboy, you are your own best employeer.

:smile:

rt66electric

excellent opotunity tomorrow

excellent opotunity tomorrow

Every time that I have been fired or laid off, It has been the best thing for ME. Six months later I have allways found myself in a better position. A job holds
you down from opportunity. Sometime You can gently knock on the door of opportunity, other times- Get a sledgehammmer an bust it open!!!!

celtic

...Just trying to cheer up the Stickster.

That's the goal...whatever it takes to cheer up stickboy
icon14.gif

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
Stickboy, you never know perhaps you won't get laid off. We are going to want all our "well wishings" back if you don't get laid off. :grin:

I hope things work out--- you still thinking about a move?

hillbilly1

Occupation
Owner/electrical contractor
New construction is really dragging, were bidding jobs that we normally would not consider, but service work is wide open, people still have to fix what they already have. Service is not for everybody though. As someone else said, sometimes you have to come behind someone else's mess and have to figure out what they did. There can be some real brain twisters to it sometimes. Hope things turn around in your area!:smile:

stickboy1375

Wow.. thanks for all the encouraging words. and the humor, :) My wife went back to work a few weeks ago, so were all set on the income situation, its just a bummer to work for 14 years and then come to a screaming halt, I have someplace to go monday and tuesday, and we just picked up another job, so hopefully they just keep rolling in, all I can say is i'm glad my wife was able to pick up the health benefits, that worried me the most.

electricmanscott

The health bennies are HUGE. Hopefully the phone keeps ringing.

Things have picked up for me lately. Talking with the guys at the supply house today and they see the smaller guys starting to keep pretty busy. Let's just keep our fingers crossed that it's a sign of things to come.

Status
Not open for further replies.