Laid Off...

Status
Not open for further replies.

highendtron

Maybe Iwire could bid and get some jobs and have an open keyboard for hire!!!! The economy is sluggish, but seems to be turning around in the midwest. Good people are always in demand. Good luck!!!!

Jim W in Tampa

If you can afford it sit back for a few months and relax. Unemployment pay is not really all that bad. No gas, lunch, tools,clothes ,etc to buy and at end of year you likely get a nice tax break.
What ever you do stay away from FL. Problems here will be staying many years. Far too many empty houses from forclosures. As mentioned is great time to study NEC and perhaps get masters, then get even with last boss and underbid him

stickboy1375

If you can afford it sit back for a few months and relax. Unemployment pay is not really all that bad. No gas, lunch, tools,clothes ,etc to buy and at end of year you likely get a nice tax break.
What ever you do stay away from FL. Problems here will be staying many years. Far too many empty houses from forclosures. As mentioned is great time to study NEC and perhaps get masters, then get even with last boss and underbid him

Jim I dont need to get even with him, I'm his only employee, he just does not have any work... just the way it is.

jeremysterling

Yeah stickboy, I was expecting a layoff 3 months ago. Had to take a couple of 20 hour checks. Now, I'm getting a little overtime even. Here things are rebounding, so hang in there and your work will pick up, too.

e57

Always make it an 8 hour day - just like bidding and selling work.... Just an 8 hour day trolling for work as a job....

I too, may be right behind you.

Jim W in Tampa

When a boss can't find you 40 hours then he is not looking hard enough. Your job is to get the job done in the hours he bid it at. His is to keep finding work to keep his men. Sometimes he might need to do a few jobs at cost just to keep it going. Most understand they will not likely get you back if they fail. Many men can not even afford 1 day off.

stickboy1375

Well, so much for getting laid off, had 3 days off, tore the house apart, apparently my boss decided to pinch a nerve in his back, so I get the come back to work phone call. :) Good thing the wife is understanding about the house though. :)

radiopet

Well, so much for getting laid off, had 3 days off, tore the house apart, apparently my boss decided to pinch a nerve in his back, so I get the come back to work phone call. :) Good thing the wife is understanding about the house though. :)

I am sure she will get over it when the paychecks continue to come in. Glad it all worked out fella.

e57

Whats the matter, the "honey-do" list is not workable at night???;)

HA! It is, but who wants to do electrical all day and then come home to it. ;)
Speaking for myself.... My list has a number of things involving saws, hammers etc. And since every moment while the daughter is awake needs to be spent with her.... Then when she's asleep - nothing can get done due to noise. Thats my excuse anyway. ;)

Then - Speaking for all of us 110% all-day guys - the first moment I get home it's right on to my butt if not my back. I wore a pedometer one day that said I did 20 miles on my feet on the job. And it takes me right into dream-land to shut my head off. :rolleyes:

Do a poll of how many guys have 1/2 finished electrical work at home that they would never leave a paying customer in the same status with.... ;)

stickboy1375

Do a poll of how many guys have 1/2 finished electrical work at home that they would never leave a paying customer in the same status with.... ;)

My wife waited forever just for a doorbell.

Heres how I kind of left my house before I went back to work. :)

IMG_7690.JPG

IMG_7689.JPG

electricmanscott

Those pictures are going to end up on the carpentry forum. "Can you believe this DIY hack just ripped out that load bearing wall. These guys have no respect for our trade I'm thinking about dropping a dime to the inspector........" :grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.