• I work for someone else

Votes: 14 14.9%
  • I worry that having signage on my truck makes me a target

Votes: 6 6.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rewire

When I first started I had one truck and I had our logo put on it when I was slow I would drive around looking for anything being built so I could drop off cards.I always made a point of never comming back the same way I left figuring more visibility.I remember after about six months in business someone telling me that they new I was busy because they saw my "trucks" everywere. My first big job was remodeling a resturant on the main drag so I parked my little 6X10 trailer with the logo on both sides right out front so it could be seen. Best advertising money could buy.

e57

My first big job was remodeling a resturant on the main drag so I parked my little 6X10 trailer with the logo on both sides right out front so it could be seen. Best advertising money could buy.
There's a plumber here with non-operational old milk trucks that he leaves everywhere just for ad space. People in some neighborhoods HATE them - occasionally TP them, and once that I know of paint over the ad on the otherwise abandon truck. And they get towed away - then towed back....

brian john

All my trucks are marked, except mine.

One door is marked other is not. I fell asleep at the wheel and had an accident in January. I keep forgetting to go see the sign lady.

hurk27

Well here's mine but it is removable:D

also we found that you get a lot more people being able to copy the number down if you have it on the back and or the front, I like the idea of mirroring it on the front so drivers can see it in there rearview mirror.

I removed the full size because it was too big

Last edited:

zappy

Do you get that much business from your sign on your van/truck anyway? Is it worth attracting scum to rip you off somehow? I know a guy how never puts a sign on any of his vans and he's doing great! I'm sure he has his reasons, all have to ask him sometime. I cant remember the last time I called somebody's # on there vehicle? I'm to busy driving.

hurk27

Do you get that much business from your sign on your van/truck anyway? Is it worth attracting scum to rip you off somehow? I know a guy how never puts a sign on any of his vans and he's doing great! I'm sure he has his reasons, all have to ask him sometime. I cant remember the last time I called somebody's # on there vehicle? I'm to busy driving.

Actully we do get a few calls, and a good way to catch workers having lunch at bars:roll: the public just loves to call in on them, but as I said ours are magnetic so there removable, as there are some areas we take them off, but for the most part we are very close to our vans, and so far had not had any breakins, that van in the photo was a 2006 and it had a Bull Dog alarm system, with an auto start to keep the batteries charged up for the inverters. it was totaled 12/07/07 and cost me a couple broken legs,:mad: driving an 05 now but it looks just like that one, just not as clean.

but the signs are not a big issue here.... yet:mad:

Cavie

When I first started I had one truck and I had our logo put on it when I was slow I would drive around looking for anything being built so I could drop off cards.I always made a point of never coming back the same way I left figuring more visibility.I remember after about six months in business someone telling me that they new I was busy because they saw my "trucks" every were. My first big job was remodeling a restaurant on the main drag so I parked my little 6X10 trailer with the logo on both sides right out front so it could be seen. Best advertising money could buy.

When I was in business for ten years, my "trucks were seen all over town". I never owned more than one at a time. It's the neighbors who see it while your working. They come over to talk. They ask their neighbor about you after your gone. I was in the sign business pryer to work for myself. Keep it simple just name, phone number and license #. No cute statements, unless you own a septic service. The #1 thing to do is keep the truck washed. Never used the yellow pages. The truck was the only form of advertisement.

brian john

My last truck. We are not big on all that phone number stuff as we do not do residential.

USCAPITOL.jpg

e57

YOU have to have a permit to spit on the sidewalk in places like Boston :D
No - spit anywhere you like - but you better know someone in the neighborhood if some Townie decides to tax you for it, or the spaces of the sidewalk you're occupying.

(Originally from C-town/E.Someville/E.Camb)

Status
Not open for further replies.