Guess what I saw in the men's room...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Security101

Saw this in a nice gas station convenience store. It was in the mens room. It's the power for the instant hot water and auto faucet controls located below the sink/counter.

P1000186.JPG

Nice granite work! ;) (it looks like formica but it's granite)

P1000187.JPG

Is it OK?:confused:

Jim

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
The other end was obviously either cut and spliced or disconnected and reconnected. I think it's not compliant, because it's not protected.

Added: I think it should have a receptacle below the counter, or at least a grommeted hole.

Nice granite work! ;) (it looks like formica but it's granite)
It sure looks like laminate to me, especially along the upper edge of the sidesplash. Stone wouldn't have a black corner like that.

Last edited:

Security101

It sure looks like laminate to me, especially along the upper edge of the sidesplash. Stone wouldn't have a black corner like that.

That's what I thought too, but upon further inspection it's definitely granite, just a burnt edge...

I was a little concerned with the "drip loop" of which there was none - it goes straight over from there to above the equipment and it's tywraped to the top of the tank etc. I would have gotten more pics but I got a strange look from the guy that came in and caught me taking snapshots in the john...:roll::D

Jim

nhfire77

The other end was obviously either cut and spliced or disconnected and reconnected. I think it's not compliant, because it's not protected.

Added: I think it should have a receptacle below the counter, or at least a grommeted hole.

Does the cord need to be protected? Besides the obvious reason of where it is installed, the cord could be damaged just as easy under the counter as well.

480sparky

What is the difference between this installation and the holes you see drilled through counter tops and desks for cords to go through? Some desks come with the holes already in them.

The simple fact that the holes in a desk are intended to allow an entire cord to pass through without having to take it apart.

In other words, the hole is large enough for either end to pass through.

construct

What is the difference between this installation and the holes you see drilled through counter tops and desks for cords to go through? Some desks come with the holes already in them.

I agree as well. However, some inspectors might say it violates 400.8 (7) 2005 NEC. That would not be the call I would make.

If he did not cut the cord, and the hole was large enough for the attachment plug to be installed without damaging the cord - which would also mean some kind of protection for the cord, such as a grommet, I would not see an issue with this

Status
Not open for further replies.