Dish & Garb Together

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Sparkle

I put a wine fridge and a 4/10hp ejector pump on the same 20A ckt recently without even knowing the specs on the fridge, I bet it will work just fine.

And why in the world do ejector pumps say to install to a GFI if they are under the sink and are made of plastic?

Really? It makes no sense to me at all and I'd much rather just put it on a single receptacle, think about the mess you would have if it tripped, especially one for a toilet.

Mr.Sparkle

I'm just assuming the specs on the fridge...I know I know.....but there were no specs and I looked at the specs of as many as I could and winged it, I could always get another 20A ckt there if I had to on the finish...

In Miami in the 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's a separate 20 amp circuit was required for each unit. If you used a 20A receptacle and broke the tap on the hot side you had to use either a 2 pole breaker or install a tie handle on the two circuits.

We also had to run a 20A dedicated circuit to the refrierator.

rbwsparky

We always run a 12/3 to the sink area. It covers DW, GD, & Insta Hot. 1 circuit for dishwasher & 1 for GD & Insta Hot. Never had a problem.Air gap switch for GD makes for a clean looking install

Status
Not open for further replies.