Funny things to do with 33 tape?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WinZip

GOOD ONE LOL

mivey

Emergency dreadlocks for going on the other side of town.

qcroanoke

Sometimes I don't know if I'm the boxer or the bag
Occupation
Sorta retired........
Roll tape into balls that fit sort of tight into a 1 in EMT conduit 10 ft long , then fire them off like a blow dart's at a lazy worker LOL

We use red wirenuts and compressed air.
Hurts like the dickens too!

ItsHot

3M red/yellows

3M red/yellows

The 3M red / yellows make the best ammo in 1/2 emt!! You have to trim the yellow skirt about 1/8th inch! 33 tape use?......tape your joints after you have used all the wirenuts for ammo!!!:D

WinZip

here is how we cooked hot dogs when working on high rise buildings because you didn't have time to go down 15 flights of stairs to eat.

Stick a # 12 conductor in one end of the hot dog striped about 1 in on the end now do the same at the other end of the hot dog then plug it into a 120v outlet for less than 1 minute - cooked to perfection.

ohmhead

Well cut a small piece and put it on the bottom of someones computer mouse over the red emitting led in the office but not payroll .

Last edited:

mivey

here is how we cooked hot dogs when working on high rise buildings because you didn't have time to go down 15 flights of stairs to eat.

Stick a # 12 conductor in one end of the hot dog striped about 1 in on the end now do the same at the other end of the hot dog then plug it into a 120v outlet for less than 1 minute - cooked to perfection.
I tried that and got nasty dogs. I guess practice makes perfect.

We used to have a hot dog cooker that held a pack of dogs with spikes on the end of each dog. The dogs lined up side by side and had a slight bow when affixed. There was a plastic lid that closed over the top.

wireguru

We taped a guys office up once, like the old tin foil trick, stapler, monitor, chair, printer, everything wrapped in 33.

Yeah I know, $$! But it was an office being closed and we had to toss out everything without a # in the system (Test equipment, etc..) so rather than toss it all we put it to good use :)

next time this happens, let me know and ill send you a trash can (truck)

Article 90.1

Hockey Puck, Hockey Stick Grips (poor kids version), Use to tape quitters (socks that don't stay up) around your ankles when you roll out of bed late and grab the wrong pair of socks, same thing when you have a long sleeve t-shirt and the cuffs are quitters-won't stay down, color code anything, certified grounding program for extension cords, tape off breakers (non-OSHA, but I don't want to hear it), in high school we used a certain English teacher would send us to metal shop to get electrical tape to cover offensive language on our shirts, tape up open reels of wire/cable-LEAVE ME A TAPE TAB!!!, tie a drag line and throw through bar joists, just throw a roll at your partner for fun, tape up the end of a tube of caulk, run a roll through the wash (about once a week here, have to have clean tape), bundle loose 1/2"-1 1/4" PVC, tape the mirror cover on the visor of my truck after it falls off going down the highway and won't let the little vanity light shut off (on the way to a trade show, no less). put pants on wirenuts once in a white, see who can roll their tape the farthest, re-identify a conductor, tape a light switch off (use white or other color to avoid leaving residue). take a roll from the gang box/job trailer every time you go there so no one else has any (happens to me all the time).

And my all time favorite: Take your co-workers jacket, turn the sleeves inside out, tape the crap out of the cuffs, then turn the sleeves right side out. sit back and watch the show as your partner freaks out trying to get their arm into the jacket. One guy I worked with ripped the sleeve off of his coat-names changed to protect the innocent, and kids, don't try any of this fun stuff at home or on the job. But if you do, report back here immediately so we can hear all about it.

Nium

1. Small piece to cover up that annoying engine warning light on the dash of the van that insists on being on ALL the time.

2. Lock out Tag out device to safely keep the breaker in the off position of the circuit you're working on so that nobody can come along and energize it.

Last edited:

SG-1

I tried that and got nasty dogs. I guess practice makes perfect.

We used to have a hot dog cooker that held a pack of dogs with spikes on the end of each dog. The dogs lined up side by side and had a slight bow when affixed. There was a plastic lid that closed over the top.

We had one of those when I was young. I always thought the dogs tasted nasty. Maybe they should have been wrapped in 33 ??

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Which end of the hot dog gets the grounded conductor?

busman

Occupation
Master Electrician / Electrical Engineer
1. Small piece to cover up that annoying engine warning light on the dash of the van that insists on being on ALL the time.

2. Lock out Tag out device to safely keep the breaker in the off position of the circuit you're working on so that nobody can come along and energize it.

I learned the hard way not to use 33 as LO/TO on a S.P. switch. Tape came loose on one end and the tension flipped the switch on. Boy did I feel stupid. Didn't get shocked (caught it with the pen-tester).

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.