cryo treated gold plated copper berryllium receptable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only theory I can come up with for the recepticle is that polished phasors will cause the luons to align, thus smoothing out the 106th through 125th harmonics and improving the sound.

The cover plate? It's Art.

(BTW, as far as I can discover, Barnum said "a customer born every minute", not "a rabid autophile".)

ty

Totally rediculous.

Any sound quality that it would improve, would probably not be noticeable by the human ear.
Now, if one were trying to impress the neighborhood dogpound, well...

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)
I'm sure for a few dollars more, a green ground screw can be provided :grin:

safetyva

Yes, but it's on back order, and the shipping will cost you $43.

The cryogenically treated ground screw is available for an extra $85.

steve66

Occupation
Engineer
Gold plating on audio low voltage connectors is usually considered to be a good thing. Of course, that was before almost everything became digital. The gold plating probably doesn't benefit anything carrying a digital signal.

Most non-technical people wouldn't realize that there is a big difference between gold plating low voltage and speaker connections, and gold plating the receptacle connections - which is really silly.

I'm wondering what happens to the gold plating when you land copper wire on it. And what happens when you plug in a standard line cord? I thought it was important to make sure gold plated connnectors were only plugged into gold plated jacks.

Steve

mivey

There is a close relation between audiophiles, spendaphiles, and competaphiles. The gold plating seems to be the vein that connects the different strata for these types and the devices they use. While they can easily been seen in the wild, it is hard to actually pin one down. There is a collection of rare specimens on display at the Museum of Natural History.

skeshesh

hilarity ensues yet again...

"PS Audio has really outdone themselves and created a world class receptacle" - these guys are really giving themselves a pat on the back on this one.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
1. After generation, several transformers, miles of wire, hundreds of other loads, distribution lines, a meter, and your breaker panel(s), the receptacle, wall plate (!), and power cord are going to make audible improvements on the sound.

2. Santa Clause, the Easter bunny, and Superman are all real.

Gee, which statement is more believable? :roll:

We've even seen $21K speaker cables. PJ and I refer to such inane equipment purchases as "the emperor's new speaker wires." I like A/V as much as anyone, but I can't afford to be that ridiculous.

I know many home-theater people who are afraid to use the audio/video switching in their A/V receivers because they're afraid that will degrade the signal, and prefer to use the multiple inputs on the TV instead.

I counter with the fact that they're watching/listening to a recording to begin with, and not the live event itself. How do they justify that to themselves? After all, isn't that the ultimate "signal degradation?"

cadpoint

Berryllium is also used in tools but also includes thus used around working oil platform's for it non sparkable characteristic's.

My dad gave me his pair of channel locks, and there are bland in sound with a bronze type look and feel, and pretty cool... :)

Simply put, people want "quality" accesories for the high end electronics they just purchased. Companies are more than willing to charge them for what they think they are getting. Gold is shiny and people want it...:roll:

Status
Not open for further replies.