Meter to load center

Status
Not open for further replies.

iwire

Staff member
I am not explaining it well, I may have been reading it wrong. I think it is 215.2(A)(3) that lets us use 310.15(B)(6) for the feeder.

busman

Occupation
Master Electrician / Electrical Engineer
Because the POCO here supplies meter bases free. If I need an exterior main, I mount it beside or below the meter.

Larry,

I think we are both in Dominion territory. Do they let you use side knockouts in meter bases? Up here, they only let us use the bottom center one on an overhead service (even though the Blue Book says otherwise).

Mark

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I think we are both in Dominion territory. Do they let you use side knockouts in meter bases? Up here, they only let us use the bottom center one on an overhead service (even though the Blue Book says otherwise).
I have a Blue Book, go by it, and there's never been any issue with it brought up.

Yes, I've nippled sideways, and occasionally do a 320a with one disco on each side of the meter. My brother's house has that.

On other 320's I've done, I have back-to-back'ed two discos or panels to a 320a base, with the meter straddling the space between the panels.

That makes me think: You know the PVC offset connectors, with threads on one end and a glue socket on the other, in 1.25" and 2" sizes?

I wish they'd make PVC offset nipples, with threads on both ends. They make them in metal, why not PVC?

Status
Not open for further replies.