Balls on transmission lines

Status
Not open for further replies.

mivey

I just would that people NOT think this forum is all about some stuffy old electricians opinions.
It is the expertise here that makes this forum better. Any of us can Google a topic and get pages of stuff. Just to dump a load from a search is not as good as using your knowledge in an area to at least filter some of it down and add your own input.

If the forum is just a link dump, it will be no better than a beach for gathering everything the tide washes in. Our value is our members and the knowledge they bring to the table.

Sometimes a link dump fits the bill. But I don't think it should be the norm. JMSO

In the past I have seen lots of posts just for the purpose of reaching some target goal number of posts.
No one can catch Iwire so the race is over before it begins.

chris kennedy

Occupation
60 yr old tool twisting electrician
If the forum is just a link dump, it will be no better than a beach for gathering everything the tide washes in.

Very well put, although I can understand a new member throwing things out there to see what sticks until they get a firm grip on how we operate here.

mivey, I have thick skin but I have to tell you your avatar is disturbing. What the heck is that???

augie47

Staff member
Occupation
State Electrical Inspector (Retired)
It is the expertise here that makes this forum better. Any of us can Google a topic and get pages of stuff. Just to dump a load from a search is not as good as using your knowledge in an area to at least filter some of it down and add your own input.

If the forum is just a link dump, it will be no better than a beach for gathering everything the tide washes in. Our value is our members and the knowledge they bring to the table.

excellent point!
I grabbed a picture from the movie "Avatar". From what I gather, the character is an Avatar. It seemed funny at the time.
timely, at least, and most certainly an "avatar" :)

Hameedulla-Ekhlas

..................at least filter some of it down and add your own input.

If the forum is just a link dump, it will be no better than a beach for gathering everything the tide washes in. Our value is our members and the knowledge .

Yea, you are right to do filtration and post.

peter

You guys are so wrong and offbeat that it's pitiful. If you look carefully, you will notice that those balls are on the top wires of the system.
Now the main phase wires are thick enough to carry them-
selves across the great whatever. But the thin wires at the top are too thin for that. So the attach these 3' foot diameter balls to them and these balls are equally filled with helium or hydrogen. This provides the addional needed lift to carry them across the needed distance.
~Peter

Den

You guys are so wrong and offbeat that it's pitiful. If you look carefully, you will notice that those balls are on the top wires of the system.
Now the main phase wires are thick enough to carry them-
selves across the great whatever. But the thin wires at the top are too thin for that. So the attach these 3' foot diameter balls to them and these balls are equally filled with helium or hydrogen. This provides the addional needed lift to carry them across the needed distance.
~Peter

Thats cute:)And if they get microwave transmission working they won't need any wires and can just beam me some electricity. Sad thing is it will put all the" Big Ball" manufactures out of a job!

Status
Not open for further replies.