Power factor and VA vs Watts

Status
Not open for further replies.

ggunn

PE (Electrical), NABCEP certified
Occupation
Consulting Electrical Engineer - Photovoltaic Systems
Wasn't that the same one that wanted 100 minute hours, 10 hour days, and 1000 day years? The day (D) was to be the standard unit so that the abbreviation for the year would thus be kD, and for a millennium it would have been a MD, not to be confused with the minute which would be a mD.
Well, the 10 hour day and 100 minute hours wouldn't be a problem; those units are arbitrary, anyway, but the 1000 day year and pi=3.000... Ach, I cannae rewrite the laws o' physics, Cap'n!
:)

mivey

Wasn't that the same one that wanted 100 minute hours, 10 hour days, and 1000 day years? The day (D) was to be the standard unit so that the abbreviation for the year would thus be kD, and for a millennium it would have been a MD, not to be confused with the minute which would be a mD.
Y'all have got to post a link. I want to read that.

mivey

Well, the 10 hour day and 100 minute hours wouldn't be a problem; those units are arbitrary, anyway, but the 1000 day year and pi=3.000... Ach, I cannae rewrite the laws o' physics, Cap'n!
I'll need at least 3 hours, and I dunno think we 'ave the time.

ggunn

PE (Electrical), NABCEP certified
Occupation
Consulting Electrical Engineer - Photovoltaic Systems
Haha, When you start learning school, do you learn math first or physics.
No matter what the level of detail, math is only an approximate description of what happens in the real world. And to answer your question, all of us begin learning physics simply by interacting with the world around us before we even know that math exists. We know from experience how a ball acts when you throw it long before we ever see the equations describing projectile trajectories.

Besoeker

You know, as a youngster, that guy's attempted Scots accent used to rather irk me. Being a Scot myself, maybe you can understand why. One gets older and perhaps more mellow. I guess now it is just a bit amusing.

I digress.

I have learned quite a bit from the MH forum particularly with respect to codes and practices on the other side of the pond from me. The company I work for is a multi-national with the main office being located in USA. It is quite useful for me to get some insight from ground level up (no offence intended) of how different people in the field see things.

Zorak

You know, as a youngster, that guy's attempted Scots accent used to rather irk me. Being a Scot myself, maybe you can understand why. One gets older and perhaps more mellow. I guess now it is just a bit amusing.

Having been born not long after the show premiered, having grown up with The Knack, and oh, being named Scott, I am just glad that I have fond memories of the show and characters, the animated series, the movies, and all other things ST, otherwise I would have gone mad long ago by the number of people calling me Scotty, asking me to beam them up, and wanting me to make their systems operate at warp speed.

Well I tried shoving a wiener in the warp drive, but it didn't a do a bit a good. By the vye, would you have a wee bit of mustard up on the bridge.

Zorak

We have English, regular French, Dijon, Wholegrain, American (French's) and possibly a few more. Which would you care for?

If you have a course ground mustard or a horseradish mustard, I prefer those the best. You have to be careful though. Great flavor but too much of it or if you do not eat your food properly, then your sinuses will get a good wave of sensation.

I'm a mustard freak though. Can't stand ketchup. I get the funniest looks when I put mustard on my fries, probably like the look I have when I see someone put ketchup on their eggs.

Z

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
We have English, regular French, Dijon, Wholegrain, American (French's) and possibly a few more. Which would you care for?
Goulden's spicy brown, baby!

guldens.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.