Power factor and VA vs Watts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smart $

Esteemed Member
Dont think which could be right or not use logic gate.
Use AND Gate , NAND Gate, OR GATE
draw the truth table and reduce your option to minium size
But you have to do mathmatically not by empircal.

Come now... the empirical is never wrong. The math is supposed to predict and compensate for anomalies in the empirical :D

Last edited:

Cold Fusion

Come now... the empirical is never wrong. The math is supposed to predict errors in the empirical :D
No. Emperical data is neither right nor wrong - it just is.

We turn on the machine, connect the instruments, take the data.

We interpret the data according to our undrstanding of the mathematical model defining the measurement method.

Our intrepertation could easily be completely fubared.

Cold Fusion

No. Emperical data is neither right nor wrong - it just is.

We turn on the machine, connect the instruments, take the data.

We interpret the data according to our undrstanding of the mathematical model defining the measurement method.

Our intrepertation could easily be completely fubared.

...As can sometimes be our spelling :roll:
yes - but hopefully not "beyond all recognition"

cf

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
Does there have to be a "why"?

jfa0545l.jpg

mivey

...Because in Universe every thing is based on math...
Math as we know it speaks for such a very small part of the universe. What is the formula for life? I don't think it will ever be solved by what we call math. It is one of those "because someone said so" things that would take a whole other level of math than what we are capable of.

I think there are things that can transcend math at any level as well. Some things just are.

Hameedulla-Ekhlas

Math as we know it speaks for such a very small part of the universe. What is the formula for life? I don't think it will ever be solved by what we call math. It is one of those "because someone said so" things that would take a whole other level of math than what we are capable of.

I think there are things that can transcend math at any level as well. Some things just are.

yeah, Falling the apple from the tree was seen by million million of people before Newton but no one could think of that and could not make formula for that but thinking is very important. Formula for life, till yet we dont have that much level of math.

Smart $

Esteemed Member
yeah, Falling the apple from the tree was seen by million million of people before Newton but no one could think of that and could not make formula for that but thinking is very important. Formula for life, till yet we dont have that much level of math.
Recap...

Proof is the calculation.

No math formula for life.​

Deduction...

We do not exist​

This reminds me of the joke about Descartes, who is credited for the statement, "Je pense donc je suis". In English: "I think, therefore I am".

Ren? Descartes went into a bar one day and had a drink. After a while, the bartender came over and asked if he would like another drink. Descartes replied, "I think not." Poof! He immediately disappeared.

Last edited:

mivey

Axiomatic?
Could be. Some things exist whether or not they can be modeled by math.

Also, I don't believe math is an absolute as I believe there are things that can trump the math (like life or the supernatural for instance). Some things are just not made to be figured out by us.

I have plenty of other stuff I can work on figuring out. But even if I combine my efforts with mankind as a whole, I think we know very little about the universe. Even if we stretched our efforts to the extreme, our very make-up (like being time-bound creatures) means we will never figure it all out. Maybe math itself is a limitation in other dimensions of the universe.

ggunn

PE (Electrical), NABCEP certified
Occupation
Consulting Electrical Engineer - Photovoltaic Systems
I don't agree.
Mathematics can be used to explain or describe what happens in the universe.
From empirical data, Kepler formed his laws of planetary motion.
Newton formulated the mathematical basis for the laws of motion which described how what happens happens.
Even without the work of Brahe, Kepler, or Newton, planetary motion would be as it is. Mathematics is a human concept. A very useful one at that.
I don't think you can extrapolate that concept to have pre-dated human existence.
Wasn't there a legislative body somewhere, sometime, who tried to enact legislation that would redefine pi to be 3.0000... to make math easier?

Hameedulla-Ekhlas

Could be. Some things exist whether or not they can be modeled by math.

Also, I don't believe math is an absolute as I believe there are things that can trump the math (like life or the supernatural for instance). Some things are just not made to be figured out by us.

I have plenty of other stuff I can work on figuring out. But even if I combine my efforts with mankind as a whole, I think we know very little about the universe. Even if we stretched our efforts to the extreme, our very make-up (like being time-bound creatures) means we will never figure it all out. Maybe math itself is a limitation in other dimensions of the universe.

Even if we stretched our efforts to the extreme, our very make-up (like being time-bound creatures) means we will never figure it all out
I know we are bounded and math is a limitation in universe. But day by day we can understand alot of things regarding the universe through math. That is math is the only language to talk with nature characteristic.
If we ask something that can not speak " what is your maximium capacity, it will never can speak to tell us"
but through calculation, we can understand its capacity. There are alot things which we have bounded for us.
So, I only say math is the language of univers because it is the only weapon to conquer the nature.

mivey

I know we are bounded and math is a limitation in universe. But day by day we can understand alot of things regarding the universe through math. That is math is the only language to talk with nature characteristic.
If we ask something that can not speak " what is your maximium capacity, it will never can speak to tell us"
but through calculation, we can understand its capacity. There are alot things which we have bounded for us.
So, I only say math is the language of univers because it is the only weapon to conquer the nature.
Math as we know it is a universal language because it is so plain and crosses language barriers.

Math sure helps us get a better grip on nature, but I doubt we will ever wrestle it to the ground. Making use of nature is a reachable goal.

Besoeker

Wasn't there a legislative body somewhere, sometime, who tried to enact legislation that would redefine pi to be 3.0000... to make math easier?
Wasn't that the same one that wanted 100 minute hours, 10 hour days, and 1000 day years? The day (D) was to be the standard unit so that the abbreviation for the year would thus be kD, and for a millennium it would have been a MD, not to be confused with the minute which would be a mD.

Status
Not open for further replies.