Any More Meet and Greets?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jumper

Well, unfortunately I do not have a liquor cabinet as I do not drink. I have no issues with others drinking but it ain't my thing.

I was just teasing about the A/C comment. I am a skinny little runt and A/C means little to me. I only took off my long johns and turtle necks last week. My liquor cabinet consists of a pint of bourbon I have in a kitchen cabinet, behind the Cheerios.

Roger does live in Asheville- 4 to 4.5 hrs from me in Chapel Hill and another 35-40 to Raleigh.

Not bad for a WAG. My wife loves going to the Biltmore Estate.

Jude is indeed Cadpoint and he lives in Durham-- really good bar-b-q- place there called Bullocks. Durham is 15 minutes from Chapel Hill.

There is also a pretty good one here in Chapel Hill.

Okay we need to make a call. Raleigh or Chapel Hill?

chris kennedy

Occupation
60 yr old tool twisting electrician
I'm in on this. I have come to realize that although there is never a good time for me to leave here, I have a great time on short vacations and all is well when I get back.

ceb58

I was just teasing about the A/C comment. I am a skinny little runt and A/C means little to me. I only took off my long johns and turtle necks last week. My liquor cabinet consists of a pint of bourbon I have in a kitchen cabinet, behind the Cheerios.

Not bad for a WAG. My wife loves going to the Biltmore Estate.

Okay we need to make a call. Raleigh or Chapel Hill?

The Longhorn steak house in Apex is great also. It doesnt matter hog, cow, chicken or roadkill :D
Roger is really about an hour west of Asheville

June 5Th will be good for me but I very flexible.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
I can do June 5 also and where is up to y'all. Never been to the longhorn steak house but am willing to go wherever you all want. Is steak and beer what you all want?

Apex is probably 35 minutes from here also.

jumper

I can do June 5 also and where is up to y'all. Never been to the longhorn steak house but am willing to go wherever you all want. Is steak and beer what you all want?

Apex is probably 35 minutes from here also.

I am flexible also, steak is great, but I do love Bar B Q pork, also. Either way I am happy, as long as it is casual.

We need to make a decision, but we have time. The site is set, so we can play around with the restaurant for a few days.

I do want to state one thing. Meet and Greets, IMO, are open to all spouses and children, if you got them, bring them. The more the merrier. All are welcome.

ceb58

Longhorn steakhouse. as in Texas Longhorn Steakhouse with the red and white checkered table clothes?

Don't remember about the table cloths too busy eating ;)

I dont think it is a Texas Longhorn. Just Longhorn steak house but it is owned by the same people that own the Olive Gardens.

I am flexible also, steak is great, but I do love Bar B Q pork, also. Either way I am happy, as long as it is casual.

BBQ is fine also. If you are driving all that way then, as far as I am concerned, BBQ it is.
Dennis lives in the area I vote for letting him pick the place since he knows the area and the best places.
We will need pics. to post also.

Isn't that Tennessee?:grin:

All most

jumper

OK, this is confirmed with Cara. FWIW, we are not picky about where we meet or eat. Looking forward to this people!

Okay, we a quorum (whatever that means) for a Meet and Greet on June 5th in Raleigh ( Chapel Hill ) NC at 5:00 PM at a place TBA. I am going to start a new thread in the NEC section, because there are 3 conversations going in this one.

Buck Parrish

I'm not sure I'll be in Durham. If so I'd love to meet and greet.

The link below is a resturant in a renovated tobacco warehouse it has lots of seating in the resturant and in the ware house.
You can get food at either sitting areas.

There is more then one resturant in the place.
It's huge, and it is not a generic chain resturant.

You will see part of the old Durham and the modern Durham.
You can see an old Lucky Strikes tower from the stiitng areas. It has huge indoor waterfalls and streams.
It is very casual with good food.

It is right next to the Durham Bulls Ball Park.

It is a area wher you don't have to worry about how long you are sitting at a table.

http://www.tylerstaproom.com/restaurants/apex

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Good morning all. It sounds like a great time but I don't think I'll be able to make it. I do go to Raleigh in April every year for the Ellis Cannady IAEI meeting where I get to see Dennis rightfully harassing the CMP members.
icon14.gif
:grin:

Dennis, I sincerely thank you for your boarding offer. :)

Jumper, I am close to Cherokee, about an hour from Tennessee, I work in Asheville though.

Anyways, I hope you all have safe trips and enjoy yourselves.

Roger

Status
Not open for further replies.