Meet and Greet, Raleigh NC

Status
Not open for further replies.

jumper

We have a Meet and Greet planned on June 5th, 2010 in Raleigh ( Chapel Hill ) NC at 5:00 PM at a place TBA. Fore runners for dinner are Bar-B -Q or Steak house.

Any MH members and their families are invited to attend.

Potential attendees are:

Dennis Alwon
Larry Fine and PJ
Chris Kennedy and Cara
Curtis/Ceb58
Derek/Jumper and ( possibly ) Chandra

This was the original thread:
http://forums.mikeholt.com/showthread.php?t=125338

Last edited:

ceb58

We have a Meet and Greet planned on June 5th, 2010 in Raleigh ( Chapel Hill ) NC at 5:00 PM at a place TBA. Fore runners for dinner are Bar-B -Q or Steak house.

Any MH members and their families are invited to attend.

Potential attendees are:

Dennis Alwon
Larry Fine and PJ
Chris Kennedy and Cara
Curtis/Ceb58
Derek/Jumper and ( possibly ) Chandra

This was the original thread:
http://forums.mikeholt.com/showthread.php?t=125338

Me and my wife Wanda will be there, Lord willing. I have PMed Roger but have not heard back from him yet. Any place is fine.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
I am still working on my wife. She is incredible shy and does not like groups. We'll see-- we are so different. :) Don't forget Jude (Cadpoint) I thought he was coming.

Buck Parrish

I'm not sure I'll be in Durham. If so I'd love to meet and greet.

I will reccomend a resturant.

The link below is a resturant in a renovated tobacco warehouse it has lots of seating in the resturant and in the ware house.
You can get food at either sitting areas.

And thier is more then one resturant in the place.
It's huge, and it is not a generic chain resturant.

You will see part of the old Durham and the modern Durham.
You can see an ole Lucky Strikes tower from the stiitng areas. It has huge indoor waterfalls and streams.
It is very casual with good food.

It is right next to the Durham Bulls Ball Park and the Bull made famous by Kevin Costner in the movie Durham Bulls.

It is a area wher you don't have to worry about how long you are sitting at a table.

http://www.tylerstaproom.com/restaurants/apex

Buck Parrish

Also thier is a very nice resturant in down town Durham in a huge hotel lobby. It too, has lots of seating with a longe seating area right beside the dining area. It also has a unique small bar in the large lobby.
Here you would not have to worry about taking to much time at tables.

http://www.sheratonrtp.com/Dining

ceb58

Roger posted on the other thread but it looks as if he will not be able to make it. I still vote for Dennis picking the location. Seems every one is OK with BBQ.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
I bet she's feel more at ease if she spoke with PJ and got a woman's perspective. PM me if you're interested.

I appreciate the thought but I don't think so. She is probably more anti-social then she is shy. She will be fine-- she may come but probably not.

Roger posted on the other thread but it looks as if he will not be able to make it. I still vote for Dennis picking the location. Seems every one is OK with BBQ.
Here is the kicker- the best place, in Durham, does not serve beer or alcohol. The one in Chapel Hill does. I actually think the one in Chapel Hill is as good as the one in Durham. Again this is more restaurant then bar. If people want more of the bar thing we may consider one of the places in Apex.

Let me know what your preference is- pm me or just post here.

ceb58

Here is the kicker- the best place, in Durham, does not serve beer or alcohol. The one in Chapel Hill does. I actually think the one in Chapel Hill is as good as the one in Durham. Again this is more restaurant then bar. If people want more of the bar thing we may consider one of the places in Apex.

I dont drink but it doesn't bother me if some one dose. Maybe the others will chime in with there preference.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Okay it seems like we have a new date for our meet and greet. Because we love Chris Kennedy so much and he had a conflict with June 5 we moved it to June 12.

I still have beds available-- Chris & his wife will stay here so if others want to we can party a little longer, have a nice breakfast (provided by yours truly) and then y'all can head out. There will be limited privacy as I only have so many rooms but I have lots of beds and mattresses.

Let me know.

LarryFine

Master Electrician Electric Contractor Richmond VA
Occupation
Electrical Contractor
As PM'ed, the 12th is a good as the 5th for us.

PJ says we're less than 100% sure right now. :roll:

chris kennedy

Occupation
60 yr old tool twisting electrician
I can thank you all enough for working around my schedule. We are really looking forward to this. Anyone heard from Jude?

jumper

Okay, so far we have decided:

June 12th is the date, we all love Chris:grin:, Dennis' wife is shy, and that Roger does not realize that he lives in Tennessee.:cool:

Time to start thinking about choosing between the Chapel Hill and Durham Bar-B-Q joints.

I will go first: Chapel Hill.

Status
Not open for further replies.