Dishwasher outlet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim W in Tampa

This is were the problem begins. Do we want a plumber doing electric ? Anything goes wrong he will say you did it. He is uninsured for doing electrical. Most times you best just figure in a man to go back for stupid stuff.

480sparky

This is were the problem begins. Do we want a plumber doing electric ? Anything goes wrong he will say you did it. He is uninsured for doing electrical. Most times you best just figure in a man to go back for stupid stuff.

My liability stops at the receptacle. What the next person does is not on me. Appliance companies routinely install cords on ranges & dryers. Just because he's "a plumber" does not automatically disqualify him from having insurance.

Jim W in Tampa

My liability stops at the receptacle. What the next person does is not on me. Appliance companies routinely install cords on ranges & dryers. Just because he's "a plumber" does not automatically disqualify him from having insurance.

Few plumbers will want to pay for insurance to do your job and here it would require a license. The plumber will say in court that he did not put the cord on. Jury will likely believe him. Here i can almost quarantee the plumber wont put cord on even if you leave one behind. Maybe it's just a FL thing. It's rare put fires do start over cord connected appliances and fingers start pointing.

Jim W in Tampa

How do you hardwire it if it isn't installed yet? :confused:

That's the beauty of the cord. It can be sitting in the garage and still be "wired".

Yes could be in garage but better be a good hood or cord and DW both be gone in no time.
Most of mine were hard wired but builder i was working for had all of his houses within 10 minutes of each other so no big deal to swing by and direct wire it.
All depends on local issues. If house was 1 hour away i would probably put cord on it.

jusme123

Occupation
JW

do you apply that same logic to the disc for the furnace, range, hot water heater, and water pump?

walkerj

I have always done cord and plug in an easily accesible location for DW, Disposal, Range, Furnace, and on-demand water heaters.

Tall boy or low boy water heaters are usually installed at rough so diconect and hardwire it is for that.

To each his own.

Status
Not open for further replies.