door bell transformer location

Status
Not open for further replies.

480sparky

Don't think someone can't do that no matter how hard you try to prevent it.

You honestly thing someone will cover this up?

DSC_5314.jpg

DSC_5312.jpg

480sparky

Yea , my bet is someone will given time

Far less likely than where it was originally located...... on a 4s box screwed to the basement ceiling joist. 99% of the time, DIYers and know-nothing builders just unscrew the box and shove it above the ceiling.... out of sight, out of mind, and gone forever.

10 years later, I get a call to fix the doorbell, and it takes me two days to find the transformer.:mad:

FWIW, I have NEVER in all my years seen anyone cover up their furnace.

Ever.

Not once.

kwired

Electron manager

FWIW, I have NEVER in all my years seen anyone cover up their furnace.

Ever.

Not once.

The switch and receptacle are on the duct which they may cover up but still leave the access door on the furnace so it is accessable.

That is in a place that is not too likely to get covered but don't underestimate homeowners and handimen.

kwired

Electron manager
It?s not what I would call a moneymaker but battery powered wireless doorbells are also available.

They make money over longer time, I bet about 90% of the places where I go that have a button that appears to be one of them wireless transmitters, you can push the button all day and no one answers the door, knock on the door and someone is there right away.

Best doorbells I have ever seen are the ones that bark as soon as you pull in the driveway. Home occupants are usually at the door when you get there. They are a universal wireless doorbell that works on multiple doors and even windows. They double up as a security alarm. Some of them even try to apprehend intruders. It is hard to pick features when selecting one because they seem to all be different and can change features at random.

Jim W in Tampa

They make money over longer time, I bet about 90% of the places where I go that have a button that appears to be one of them wireless transmitters, you can push the button all day and no one answers the door, knock on the door and someone is there right away.

Best doorbells I have ever seen are the ones that bark as soon as you pull in the driveway. Home occupants are usually at the door when you get there. They are a universal wireless doorbell that works on multiple doors and even windows. They double up as a security alarm. Some of them even try to apprehend intruders. It is hard to pick features when selecting one because they seem to all be different and can change features at random.

Yes ,we purchased one of them 7 years ago. Not only does what you mentioned but doubles as garbage disposal, food taster, foot warmer, and fertilzes our yard

kwired

Electron manager
Yes ,we purchased one of them 7 years ago. Not only does what you mentioned but doubles as garbage disposal, food taster, foot warmer, and fertilzes our yard

Were you able to adjust it to evenly apply fertilizer? Most I've seen miss a lot of areas, and put too much in others and leave the lawn with dark green patches.

Status
Not open for further replies.