Hot Tub Questions- Im confused!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajpslp

I had an electrician in NYC area wire up for a hot tub which is coming htis week . Here is the setup . I have in my attic (already in attic previously) wire that states 6-3 g type mn-b 600 volts e108168, this is then into a box in attic which the electrician added to so it reaches yard the following wire- butler / holley 12/4/10 e18679 romex simpull awg 6cu 3 cdr with awg10ground type nm-b 600 volts . From here it goes out the soffet of my house into the PVC type - gray pipe for underground type running . The wire inside the pipe then goes into a Sub panel which will have a 60 amp breaker in it for the spa. Is this ok , on the hot tub forums one person said something about ampicity and that the nm-b wire can overheat and catch my house on fire. The wire is all 6/3. The hot tub draws 45 amps when everything is running. Just want to make sure im ok before is all done. Am i safe?

He also stated something about conductors and, derating the wire due to heat in attic and 55 amps is most for that wire .. any help is great.. Spoke to 2 other electrical guys who said it was fine ..?????

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
I think your electrician can answer those question.

I am closing this thread, in accordance with the Forum Rules.

This site is designed for:

• Contractors
  • Electricians
  • Engineers
  • Inspectors
  • Instructors
  • Other electrically related individuals
* This NEC? Forum is for those in the electrical and related industries. Questions of a "How-To" nature by persons not involved in the electrical industry will be removed without notice.
If you feel this action to be in error, feel free to contact me via PM to explain.

A reminder to all members, if you see a questionable post, feel free to report it by clicking the
report.gif
button at the top right corner of the post.

Status
Not open for further replies.