Door Secuirty Hardware/Devices..120v???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alwayslearningelec

Occupation
Estimator
I have door that shows devices such as door position switch, card reader, transfer hinge etc. and they spec the usual Belden cables for the devices. Would a door like this need 120v power as well? Thanks.

nhfire77

I have door that shows devices such as door position switch, card reader, transfer hinge etc. and they spec the usual Belden cables for the devices. Would a door like this need 120v power as well? Thanks.

I dont know, what do the plans say?:)

If you are just looking at the controls plans, you may not see the 120V for a door controller motor.

If you have to ask, RFI.

Alwayslearningelec

Occupation
Estimator
I dont know, what do the plans say?:)

If you are just looking at the controls plans, you may not see the 120V for a door controller motor.

If you have to ask, RFI.

No, Looking at the sec. & power plans. It's only (2) doors. Door controller motor? My questions is: Could there be(or not) 120v power required. I did not see anything on the panel schedule or floorplans, notes, spec etc. I was just curious. I will RFI.

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
No, Looking at the sec. & power plans. It's only (2) doors. Door controller motor? My questions is: Could there be(or not) 120v power required. I did not see anything on the panel schedule or floorplans, notes, spec etc. I was just curious. I will RFI.

If the devices operate at 24 volts there will need to be a transformer or power supply somewhere. That power supply would likely require a 120 volt circuit to feed it.

nhfire77

If the devices operate at 24 volts there will need to be a transformer or power supply somewhere. That power supply would likely require a 120 volt circuit to feed it.

Right the head end (access control system). Will likely require a wall wart.

Is it a locally controlled access door, or is it parts of a larger system?

Door motor: think sliding door or a device that physically opens the door.

Alwayslearningelec

Occupation
Estimator
Right the head end (access control system). Will likely require a wall wart.

Is it a locally controlled access door, or is it parts of a larger system?

Door motor: think sliding door or a device that physically opens the door.

I think it is part of a larger system

Status
Not open for further replies.