wireless switch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mccayry

I have a customer who has a pull chain light in their bathroom. They are wanting to add a switch but that would be very hard to accomplish. My thoughts were to add some sort of a wireless switch. Im looking to find a wireless switch that will work in this scenerio and not cost an arm and a leg. Any certain type you guys have used and recommend. Thanks in advance.

hurk27

Take a look at: www.smarthome.com

They have a wide verity of different switches and relays packs that are wireless that can accommodate almost any configuration, I use them all the time when a home owner wants a flood light way up on a house for the back yard but wants it switched down by the exit door to the back yard.

Call the 1800 number and tell them what you want to do and they will fix you up.

Little Bill

Staff member
Occupation
Semi-Retired Electrician
Take a look at: www.smarthome.com

They have a wide verity of different switches and relays packs that are wireless that can accommodate almost any configuration, I use them all the time when a home owner wants a flood light way up on a house for the back yard but wants it switched down by the exit door to the back yard.

Call the 1800 number and tell them what you want to do and they will fix you up.

Will they come and put the light "way up on the house" for you?:D

kwired

Electron manager
I have a customer who has a pull chain light in their bathroom. They are wanting to add a switch but that would be very hard to accomplish. My thoughts were to add some sort of a wireless switch. Im looking to find a wireless switch that will work in this scenerio and not cost an arm and a leg. Any certain type you guys have used and recommend. Thanks in advance.

Is a surface raceway non acceptable? (maybe Wiremold) Fast and reliable

tkb

Use a screw eye and some string.
Swag it to the door.

How's that for wireless?

cpinetree

what do you use as a reciever

what do you use as a reciever

Stickboy could you please clarify what would be used as the reciever for the Pico remote.

I am not sure the Pico would work without installing a RadioRa system, which would become prohibitively expensive for one light in one room.

Another possible solution for the problem would be retrofit some sort of motion sensor to the fixture / canopy.

stickboy1375

Stickboy could you please clarify what would be used as the reciever for the Pico remote.

I am not sure the Pico would work without installing a RadioRa system, which would become prohibitively expensive for one light in one room.

Another possible solution for the problem would be retrofit some sort of motion sensor to the fixture / canopy.

The Pico is compatible with a few Lutron dimmers, for your installation I would use it with a Maestro Wireless system.

cpinetree

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
Anyone try the Verve stuff?

We have a guy selling it around here and it looks quite interesting. No batteries at all--

Unlike conventional switches, Verve switches utilize energy harvesting, radio frequency technologies to control lighting, receptacles and temperature. The simple act of turning a switch on or off generates enough energy to transmit radio signals to the 10-channel controller across distances as great as 300 feet. Because each switch generates its own power, Verve switches are completely wireless and battery-less. Every Verve switch operates as a dimmer and can be mounted or moved virtually anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.