MC or Cord?

Status
Not open for further replies.

solis

Same old question, I know 410.62 C permits the use of cord under certain conditions, which code section regarding luminaires requires MC under certain conditions?
Thanks

Smart $

Esteemed Member
Same old question, I know 410.62 C permits the use of cord under certain conditions, which code section regarding luminaires requires MC under certain conditions?
Thanks
I don't know of any requirement which limits luminaire wiring to only MC.

solis

The job is in a freezer, -10 degrees, the local city owned utlity has stated we must use MC to the fixtures, the cord currently attached is from the factory, it's a listed fixture, we were going to remove the existing plug and put it on the new fixture. I think cord would be fine.

kwired

Electron manager
The job is in a freezer, -10 degrees, the local city owned utlity has stated we must use MC to the fixtures, the cord currently attached is from the factory, it's a listed fixture, we were going to remove the existing plug and put it on the new fixture. I think cord would be fine.
Why does utility even care unless it is part of their side of service equipment? Please don't tell me they are the inspection authority, not that there are no utility guys that know the NEC, but many (probably most) just don't know it very well or even much about it at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.