MCC Preventative Maintenance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Everyone! Can anyone refer me to a document for MCC PM? My company likes to do a one year PM check on new MCC's we have installed for our customers and verify connections, lamps, air vents... etc. and i am looking for a MCC PM checklist so i do not have to "recreate the wheel" or at least get a good head start and make modifications as needed.

Thank you:D

Thank you Zog. I am looking for a checklist, not the standards. I am familiar with NETA's website. I am just trying to find a document for our electricians to use to document work performed and findings so we can give to our customer's and also to have a record and history of PM work done. I can create a new document, but i am trying to see if someone else has already done the work for me :p

Jraef

Moderator, OTD
Staff member
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Thank you Zog. I am looking for a checklist, not the standards. I am familiar with NETA's website. I am just trying to find a document for our electricians to use to document work performed and findings so we can give to our customer's and also to have a record and history of PM work done. I can create a new document, but i am trying to see if someone else has already done the work for me :p
What brand of MCCs? Usually the mfr has a list of PM that is required. But if your MCCs are relatively modern, like within the last 10 years, the list is going to be pretty short. Many no longer recommend torque checking of bus connections for example, because it has been found to cause over tightening, which lead to more failures than was warranted for the number of loose connections found. So beyond that, the list is more about standard routine maintenance for things inside the MCC, like starters and breakers, but then Molded Case Circuit Breakers are also now requiring almost no PM procedures as well. Mostly the list consists of checking things for signs of wear, damage or eminent failure.

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
My guess is that other than visual inspections, lamp testing, and maybe vacuuming, there is little reason to do much of anything in the way of maintenance for the typical MCC.

Haji

Banned
The scope of maintenance for MCC is enlarged and beneficial to customer if predictive maintenance is also included as a part of overall maintenance.

brian john

Hello Everyone! Can anyone refer me to a document for MCC PM? My company likes to do a one year PM check on new MCC's we have installed for our customers and verify connections, lamps, air vents... etc. and i am looking for a MCC PM checklist so i do not have to "recreate the wheel" or at least get a good head start and make modifications as needed.

Thank you:D

We have a scope of Services that go with every EPM quotation we send out I would gladly email you if you IM me. your email address I am out of the office until next week.

Status
Not open for further replies.