2011 NEC PDF

Status
Not open for further replies.

elecmen

Occupation
Electrician
After I updateed adobe reader I am not able to view the free version of the 2011 NEC anymore.. Can someone help me with this problem? Thanks

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
After I updateed adobe reader I am not able to view the free version of the 2011 NEC anymore.. Can someone help me with this problem? Thanks
There is an article on the NEC website discussing this. Until NEC or Adobe get a solution in place, you will have to install an older version of Adobe.
The internet can give you instructions on how to go back to an old Reader, which will differ depending on the Operating System you are using.

RustyShackleford

Occupation
electrical engineer
If you're on a Mac, you'd want to use Preview - but if you were on a Mac you'd probably already be aware of Preview.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
Here is what worked for me when I had that problem in the 2008 NEC

Go to edit on the menu bar and go to the bottom and choose preferences. Choose the security enhanced tab and look for the box that says Enable Protected Mode at startup-- uncheck it and save it. Mine is checked on Adobe XI so I am not sure about this. I got this info when I called NFPA many years ago and it worked-- they can help you with it.

George Stolz

Staff member
Occupation
Service Manager
When the book first came out you could download a free PDF which only worked on your machine with a plug-in that checked with NFPA every time you opened it, to be sure you hadn't tried to load it on a second machine.

kwired

Electron manager
When the book first came out you could download a free PDF which only worked on your machine with a plug-in that checked with NFPA every time you opened it, to be sure you hadn't tried to load it on a second machine.

I got one of those free downloads that came with the book. I have used it on more than one machine with no problems, and also used it when there was no internet access available to be able to check with NFPA when opened with no problems.

elecmen

Occupation
Electrician
Update, the free copy I had is actually a copy that I was able to download when I purchased a copy of the 2011 soft bound code book. There was a code on the back cover of the book. I was able to re-download it at www.nfpa.org/mypdfs.

GoldDigger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired PV System Designer
***Found mine here, some gov doc site. Look at the pane on the left, PDF, says its like a 132.2 m. Didn't take that long to download on mine. Or, at *** I bought a code book, with the disc. Disc got lost, new computer, ect.. Not stealing. Already had it, before someone cracks the whip. And if you download it, and you don't already have it, then cut yourself a switch! Your Stealin!
You can tell by the size that the first one is a photocopy PDF, not a searchable text document, nor one you can cut and paste from. Not particularly useful compared to the real thing. And either way, It may be against the rules of this forum.
The second link was just an accidental or intentional rip-off which NFPA has not found and taken down yet.

Last edited:

jumper

You can tell by the size that the first one is a photocopy PDF, not a searchable text document, nor one you can cut and paste from. Not particularly useful compared to the real thing. And either way, It may be against the rules of this forum.
The second link was just an accidental or intentional rip-off which NFPA has not found and taken down yet.

Post has been deleted.

Copyright laws are very important.

Status
Not open for further replies.