Faxing

Status
Not open for further replies.

gadfly56

Occupation
Professional Engineer, Fire & Life Safety
Gee that's funny because even the smallest of towns I deal with are digital.

Having a fax machine is like having a beeper.

Do you also listen to 8 tracks?

NJ building departments are still waiting for their upgrades to 8 track.

kwired

Electron manager
Clearly you've never dealt with Newark, Paterson, or Jersey City. If you don't show up in person, they don't want to hear from you.

But if you don't contact them and they find out, I bet they have no problem coming to you, though first contact is probably in your mail box.

gadfly56

Occupation
Professional Engineer, Fire & Life Safety
But if you don't contact them and they find out, I bet they have no problem coming to you, though first contact is probably in your mail box.

Paterson is clueless, but you really don't want to screw around with Newark or Jersey City. They'll spit out $5,000 fines like they were coming from a Ma deuce.

rexeldelmar

Faxing was the original email

Faxing was the original email

Faxing was the first digitation of our documents, then sent over an analog phone line. You can quit whining to the hold outs, I know contractors who were leading edge with a fax maching in their trucks on the job sites. Buy a good multi-purpose printer or a scanner and sign up for a service like eFax and you can fax any document from any device, you computer or your smart phone. Also you can give out a local phone number and receive faxes anytime and they will just go to your email inbox as a pdf, also readable on your smartphone.

kwired

Electron manager
Faxing was the first digitation of our documents, then sent over an analog phone line. You can quit whining to the hold outs, I know contractors who were leading edge with a fax maching in their trucks on the job sites. Buy a good multi-purpose printer or a scanner and sign up for a service like eFax and you can fax any document from any device, you computer or your smart phone. Also you can give out a local phone number and receive faxes anytime and they will just go to your email inbox as a pdf, also readable on your smartphone.

Which makes fax "old school":p

Status
Not open for further replies.