How Much!!!??

Status
Not open for further replies.
NE (9.06 miles @5.9 Degrees from Winged Horses)
Occupation
EC - retired
A couple years ago we put in a nice grain system for a farmer. PLC, nice color HMI, MCC. At the time we quizzed him about future plans, warning that additional buckets or changes could be costly. WHOA!! Changing those 10 HP buckets to 25s will eat up the better part of $10k. For three(3). The Ag Engineer in me may have to do a bit of design work to salvage this project. Never expected that much myself. Not even close.

DavidA

I'm sure you're aware of this, but sometimes it is less expensive to get the buckets quoted in a new section rather than as individual units. Then just pull the buckets and recycle/scrap the section.

LEO2854

Esteemed Member
I'm sure you're aware of this, but sometimes it is less expensive to get the buckets quoted in a new section rather than as individual units. Then just pull the buckets and recycle/scrap the section.

I agree ,it's much more costly ,one by one.

Occupation
EC - retired

That was the price with the section as you suggested. We have provisions that would enable us to price out a complete MCC and open up a pricing battle with competing MFGs. Or pump panels if need be. Certainly less expensive.

Occupation
EC - retired
you are actually going to pay someone $3500 each for 25HP starters?

No, I am not. I will use pump panels, build my own, or bid out a whole new MCC first. I can build my own with VFDs for less then those three buckets plus have the process control we were only thinking about before.

The simplest is the three buckets because almost all the programing and hardwiring was anticipated and in place or allowed for. Just not the jump from 10hp to 25.

We are still negotiating.

petersonra

Occupation
engineer
we could make gold plated vfd panels for that!

does the mcc salesman think you got off the turnip truck yesterday or something?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.