Is this misleading?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PetrosA

That first page is definitely misleading. Next to the crossed out price they claim a payment plan is available with no fine print that full price will apply. The payment page requires you to do the math for the payment plan full price, unlike the option for the discounted price which clearly states the total due. There is no reason for the payment plan option to even be mentioned on the sale price page. That's what's misleading.

kwired

Electron manager
So I buy Turbo bid and I think I'm buying now for the special. The guy asks if I want to pay for it all of make monthly payments. I say monthly. He bills me full price 1395.00 He then tells me I had to pay all at once to get that price. ??????? Read his special and tell me what you think.

http://www.turbobid.net/TurboBidPricing.html

Misleading, maybe.

Illegal, probably not.

Most of the time if you pay for something over a period of time you should expect to pay more, getting details up front is possibly another issue. Will he still take a one time payment for the original discounted amount?

Bill Ruffner

Electricblue,

I sincerely apologize if you didn't realize that the sale price applied only to the single payment plan. We try to make it very clear in the shopping cart that the special $400 discount only applies to the single payment plan. It clearly states that the single payment plan includes a special $400 discount while the payment plan does not. As was previously mentioned, payment plans typically reflect a higher price due to the additional costs and burdens incurred.

We have always strived to offer the best customer service in the industry and would never intentionally mislead anyone. I personally offer to spend whatever time is needed training our trial users on how to use TurboBid before they make a purchase. I want them to be in a position to make a knowledgeable and informed decision that TurboBid is the right solution to their estimating needs.

If you were truly confused Electricblue, please email me at BillR@TurboBid.net and I will refund your purchase.

kwired

Electron manager
Now there is customer service, complain about a product or service on a neutral site, and get a reply from the company in question. Now if we could get all trade associated companies to just scan one site for inquiries we could have just one place to remember to go to when we have problems:cool:

dduffee260

Yep it is right at the bottom in little blue letters. I have to say that I am impressed that Bill Ruffner signed on here and is committed to making things right. Kudos to you Bill for doing that.

I may even look at Turbobid myself. I already have 2 estimating programs but would not mind looking at his.

Fulthrotl

~Autocorrect is My Worst Enema.~
So I buy Turbo bid and I think I'm buying now for the special. The guy asks if I want to pay for it all of make monthly payments. I say monthly. He bills me full price 1395.00 He then tells me I had to pay all at once to get that price. ??????? Read his special and tell me what you think.

this is on the page link you posted......

"Note: Sale price pertains to a single payment of $995."

Sierrasparky

Occupation
Electrician ,contractor
Yep it is right at the bottom in little blue letters. I have to say that I am impressed that Bill Ruffner signed on here and is committed to making things right. Kudos to you Bill for doing that.

I may even look at Turbobid myself. I already have 2 estimating programs but would not mind looking at his.

I agree. That is real customer service.

Besoeker

It says 4 monthly Payments of $350. I can't see that as anything other than four $350 payments a month apart.

Last edited:

kwired

Electron manager
Can't say what happens on this site as I have not ordered any product from them, but most of the time you get an opportunity to see exactly what you will be billed for before the transaction is finalized, if you don't like something you can always cancel before the sale is finalized.

GUNNING

If I am going to spend this kind of money on a tool, I will be making money with it. A purchase choice in this kind of product is comparatively small compared to the possible net gains. I ask myself am I going to make the money it takes to support the overhead? If there was a $300 difference that is less than a $1 a day added to overhead. At $1600 it will be about $6.50 a day to use and pay for in one year. It is a mistake to judge the product on cost. It should be evaluated on value. How much improved are my bidding times decreased and profit margins increased. If it saves me one hour a month, it has paid for itself. I will not know till I get it online, people trained and systems and procedures implemented. It will take a good 3 months to get it tweaked & personalized to your own specifications labor rates and profit margins. Then you will know if it was worth the $300 discount. $300 spent finding out if it works is worth the price if it saves your system time and material. You have to make a commitment and an investment in time, money and intellectual property. After six months then decide was it worth the investment. Ask the accountant if your net gains increased.

I have run this program and find it malleable (easy to use and manipulate). Its too big for my purposes but it does work well. Can you find people to use and develop it for your geographical area? Is it cost effective? Can you develop the work volume? These are the tough questions, renegotiating initial cost is not the issue. Cost is irrelevant, value is what should be discussed. How much time is it going to take to implement?
The cost is really cheap too. I thought it was more, alot more.

Your largest asset is your workforce not the estimating program.

Status
Not open for further replies.