Taking a Power Shower for the Olympics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
Done in 5 minutes and I know it isn't great but someone good can do amazing things with PS

ry%3D480

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
If anyone gets the EC&M mag, this looks like the "What is wrong here" section they did for October 2013.
I looked it up, the EC&M picture was great.

Whats-Wrong-Here-NEC-Oct-2013-1.jpg

I wonder if the meter reader just barges in when it's reading time. :D

Roger

Besoeker

Done in 5 minutes and I know it isn't great but someone good can do amazing things with PS
Indeed they can. My wife is good with it.
I've done a few things myself, mainly for image enhancement or to crop out clutter.
But yes, it did strike me as a put up job having the panel board in there and I think the idea that it was for real has now been kicked into touch - a Rugby expression.

K8MHZ

Michigan. It's a beautiful peninsula, I've looked
Occupation
Electrician
Indeed they can. My wife is good with it.
I've done a few things myself, mainly for image enhancement or to crop out clutter.
But yes, it did strike me as a put up job having the panel board in there and I think the idea that it was for real has now been kicked into touch - a Rugby expression.

I'm just an amateur. This took me about 15 minutes, including searching the web for a pic.

Click to enlarge.

View attachment 9768

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
The problem with the way things are we can never tell. Some videos are staged as well as photos, some photoshopped, etc. The bottom was real. I took that many years ago. I just did the top one

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
I'm just an amateur. This took me about 15 minutes, including searching the web for a pic.

Not bad but try recessing it---I had to look for a panel that was recessed and then I had to change the perspective-- I never did that before.

K8MHZ

Occupation
Electrician
Not bad but try recessing it---I had to look for a panel that was recessed and then I had to change the perspective-- I never did that before.

I could make it look better if I tried. I just don't have that much patience.

The 'distort' tool is great. It works better than skew. You can also mess with the layer borders. Some people do the borders pixel by pixel in order to make a good PS job.

One thing that gives away much of it is the resolution difference. Look at how pixelated the panel is in my pic vs. the rest of the pic. The panel has much lower resolution than the image it was layered over.

I could probably put President Obama in that shower if I tried hard enough.

PhotoShop rocks.

K8MHZ

Occupation
Electrician

If one is serious about making a believable PS spoof, the best way is to do one pic with a camera and shoot it as close to the perfect angle and light setting as possible.

Still, just scabbing a couple of pics off the 'net makes some fairly believable images. To a lay person, especially.

Status
Not open for further replies.