afci for kitchen refrigerator, micro, rangehood dw garbage disposal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Occupation
Inspector
Why do you keep making these obscure references to 210.8 in our discussion on where is AFCI required???????????????

What up with dat?

That is too simple. A dishwasher requires neither, along with disposal, ref., microwave-hood, and any other kitchen appliances.

I made a poor blanket statement and I have tried to correct it with subsequent posts, evidently unsuccessfully. I think I'm going to stay out of this discussion.:grin:

Cavie

The inspector in my neck of florida is requiring all kitchen outlets ie: refrigerator, rangehood, dishwasher, garbage disposal etc. as well as lights that are not gfci protected to be afci. Also garage, laundry and bath lights which arent gfi must be afci according to his interpretation. Siting these as similar rooms or areas. The iaei analysis of code changes says these rooms dont need afci? Is it really that hard to have clear language in these codes that cant be interpreted 3 different ways? Who is right..........I know i know the ahj......trying to make your point almost always falls on deaf ears, and arguing will get you nowhere except maybe a few frivilous failed inspections.:-?:-?:roll::mad:

Offer to go to the inspectors house and install AFC's on all the afore mentioned places for free and have him report back to you on how often they trip. My guess is you wont make it to your truck and he won't bother you any more.

SEO

Offer to go to the inspectors house and install AFC's on all the afore mentioned places for free and have him report back to you on how often they trip. My guess is you wont make it to your truck and he won't bother you any more.

You may have to do a service change he may have fuses.:grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.