14gage wire for light switch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

peter d

I do not see other members being interrogated or having to disclose personal information out in the public forum like this.

To me, this is pretty simple. You fibbed about being an electrician. OK, people lie all the time and in the grand scheme of things, the world is not going to end because you did. So you can apologize, tell us what you actually are, and life goes on as it always has, and the discussion moves forward. Or you can keep up this charade and continue to lose credibility every time you obfuscate and refuse to give any kind of proof to your claim of being an electrician.

mbrooke

Batteries Included
Occupation
Technician
To me, this is pretty simple. You fibbed about being an electrician. OK, people lie all the time and in the grand scheme of things, the world is not going to end because you did. So you can apologize, tell us what you actually area, and life goes on as it always has, and the discussion moves forward. Or you can keep up this charade and continue to lose credibility every time you obfuscate and refuse to give any kind of proof to your claim of being an electrician.

Ok, explain to me how my statements automatically become correct or incorrect based on my job? Everything Ive said so far Ive backed up with evidence.

peter d

Ok, explain to me how my statements automatically become correct or incorrect based on my job? Everything Ive said so far Ive backed up with evidence.

Is your name Bill Clinton? Because you put even him to shame. :slaphead:

You claim you're an electrician.

Some of us on the forum have become skeptical of that claim.

We ask for proof

You provide none.

Therefore we can only conclude that you are not what you claim to be, thereby damaging your credibility.

iwire

Staff member
But Iwire does not agree with much of what I say, and I know you do not agree with insulation resistance and loop testing. My history only came into question after I said somethings that upset him,

Here's the deal, in all my time on the forum you are very far from the first that has said things I disagree with. Your views while different from mine do not 'upset me' I have much thicker skin than that. Of the many that I have disagreed with I generally don't ask then about their history because they where clearly who they claimed to be.

On the other hand, when I get a whiff of BS I do start questioning them. IMO you are reeking of. BS and I have a real issue with anyone that misrepresents themselves.

If you are the electrician you claim to be it should be a simple thing for you to prove it without giving out personal info.

Now you can chose to remain elusive that's fine, but it will certainly color how serious I take your posts that talk about the nuts and bolts of electrical installations.

mbrooke

Batteries Included
Occupation
Technician
Some of us on the forum have become skeptical of that claim.

Of course, because Iwire has all the say. Im starting to think the only reason why anyone here is against AFCIs is because Iwire himself is.

As for myself I think on my own.

We ask for proof

You provide none.

What proof do you need? Im not posting a license or schools that reveal personal info. Even if I did I know that will somehow be used against me.

Therefore we can only conclude that you are not what you claim to be, thereby damaging your credibility.

Because you need some way to discredit me for questioning tradition. It hasn't worked any other way so why not look for a weak spot and try character assassination? Thats all I can deduce thus far. But in any case Id rather be disliked then being on the wrong side history.

mbrooke

Batteries Included
Occupation
Technician
Here's the deal, in all my time on the forum you are very far from the first that has said things I disagree with. Your views while different from mine do not 'upset me' I have much thicker skin than that. Of the many that I have disagreed with I generally don't ask then about their history because they where clearly who they claimed to be.

On the other hand, when I get a whiff of BS I do start questioning them. IMO you are reeking of. BS and I have a real issue with anyone that misrepresents themselves.

If you are the electrician you claim to be it should be a simple thing for you to prove it without giving out personal info.

Now you can chose to remain elusive that's fine, but it will certainly color how serious I take your posts that talk about the nuts and bolts of electrical installations.

Exactly, you just proved my theory.

But in any case you can be honest and tell me why you believe Im BSing. I have a suspicion...

peter d

Of course, because Iwire has all the say. Im starting to think the only reason why anyone here is against AFCIs is because Iwire himself is.

As for myself I think on my own.

What proof do you need? Im not posting a license or schools that reveal personal info. Even if I did I know that will somehow be used against me.

Because you need some way to discredit me for questioning tradition. It hasn't worked any other way so why not look for a weak spot and try character assassination? Thats all I can deduce thus far. But in any case Id rather be disliked then being on the wrong side history.

Ok, you're a martyr now. :lol::lol::lol::lol:

You've solidified my doubts completely. Case closed.

iwire

Staff member

I have no doubt at all you are sharp on electrical theory not one bit of doubt, your ability to research issues seems outstanding. I respect your abilities in that regard.

On the other hand your posts about splicing techniques, box fill issues, the realities of and costs of troubleshooting circuits show either a very inexperienced electrician or an engineer trying to pretend to be one.

These are my personal views and not those of my moderator duties, I have not seen you break forum rules so I would never use my moderator position to slow you down

iwire

Staff member
Exactly, you just proved my theory.

But in any case you can be honest and tell me why you believe Im BSing.

I have made it pretty clear if you would listen, think back to the posts between mivey, you and myself. Your views on dwelling unit wiring methods .....

I have said plenty, the balls in your court.

mbrooke

Batteries Included
Occupation
Technician
I have no doubt at all you are sharp on electrical theory not one bit of doubt, your ability to research issues seems outstanding. I respect your abilities in that regard.

On the other hand your posts about splicing techniques, box fill issues, the realities of and costs of troubleshooting circuits show either a very inexperienced electrician or an engineer trying to pretend to be one.

These are my personal views and not those of my moderator duties, I have not seen you break forum rules so I would never use my moderator position to slow you down

Because I at the time I felt it was worth defending certain alternatives and methods to AFCIs. I am well aware of the down falls as well as the upfalls, hence why I wanted others to give input. Yes I was not looking past the splice in the video, but that is my mistake as I felt the concept being shown was superior to all other alternatives in stopping glowing connections hence why I felt compelled to defend it.

mbrooke

Batteries Included
Occupation
Technician
I have made it pretty clear if you would listen, think back to the posts between mivey, you and myself. Your views on dwelling unit wiring methods .....

I have said plenty, the balls in your court.

I took a simplistic approach and yes I got blinded by the video, probably because of the prosecution the inventor was facing by large corporations, but at the time my mind was on Cutler Hammer's solution.

I know about switch legs, up and over wiring methods, multiple circuits in a box, box fill... better to draw them out :lol:. But to me any heat detecting splice is better then cramming computers into every electrical box/device.

And yes I dont always express my ideas all that well.

peter d

What proof do you need?

I already made a list of simple questions you can answer.

Im not posting a license or schools that reveal personal info. Even if I did I know that will somehow be used against me.

You don't have any kind of license or any experience working as a full time electrician. You may have tinkered a bit with home wiring but you have no experience beyond that.

mbrooke

Batteries Included
Occupation
Technician
Yeah? And? What does that have to do with this discussion? I expressed my feelings about the uselessness of licensing. But even without licensing, someone still has to be actively working as an electrician to be called one.

You claim Im a martyr for having challenging ideas, but abolishing licensing is just as radical.

The guys did the same to you as is being done to me here, discredit.

mbrooke

Batteries Included
Occupation
Technician
I already made a list of simple questions you can answer.

You don't have any kind of license or any experience working as a full time electrician. You may have tinkered a bit with home wiring but you have no experience beyond that.

Show me the posts that makes you think this. IMO its speculation.

peter d

You claim Im a martyr for having challenging ideas, but abolishing licensing is just as radical.

The guys did the same to you as is being done to me here, discredit.

The primary difference is I have not misrepresented who I am. I am an electrician. You are not an electrician but you are claiming to be one. People can discredit me all they want for my ideas but I can back up my claims with evidence that I work in the trade. You cannot do the same because you have never worked in the trade.

mbrooke

Batteries Included
Occupation
Technician
The primary difference is I have not misrepresented who I am. I am an electrician. You are not an electrician but you are claiming to be one. People can discredit me all they want for my ideas but I can back up my claims with evidence that I work in the trade. You cannot do the same because you have never worked in the trade.

So far I have never seen you back up what you do, and their would be no point either.

As for my ideas being disregarded any electrician with a license can come on here and say anything he wants, even if its incorrect. It makes no difference that his claims ought to be believed more.

Status
Not open for further replies.