New service install

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickelec

New service install today on a decent size home. Ripped out the old and installed new .. still feel like crap from covid but work had to get done
6fd2eb89eaba9d5a1df7f6663862b7f7.jpg
cdff344fcd274bfcff8d091c56263178.jpg
16660b66a89dc6750e33f0d9fab0c844.jpg

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
Ok tell me about this metering enclosure. I’ve never seen that particular can; is this a transocket?

Just got over covid myself. Would not recommend. Kept me in bed for an entire week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hv&Lv

Occupation
Engineer/Technician
I’m wondering about the meter enclosure also.
I’m assuming thats a 3S meter since it’s single phase, and the new enclosure is a transocket accepting a 3S?
why couldn’t it be moved over?

nickelec

Yes it's a trans "s" cabinet made to accept tenpoint meter and two Cts single phase 400 amp one set of 500s to the utility drop to sets of 3/0 on the load side one to each oanel

nickelec

Couldn't be moved over GC was admitted about using existing hole through thebroof

norcal

One question since power enters the bottom, why not flip the panel to avoid excess cable in the panel?

Hv&Lv

Occupation
Engineer/Technician
Couldn't be moved over GC was admitted about using existing hole through thebroof

No, I meant the meter itself moved from the existing cabinet to the new cabinet And get rid of the old base.
Never see anything like that around here. Houses aren’t big enough I guess…😅
Good looking job though.

nickelec

Ok tell me about this metering enclosure. I’ve never seen that particular can; is this a transocket?

Just got over covid myself. Would not recommend. Kept me in bed for an entire week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What did you take anything? I'm just dosing up on vitamin c and alot of water . I felt pretty good all week I guess going to work today set me back

nickelec

The old meter is jsut temporary until utility installs correct meter , since is an active construction site that's how we temp it up in order to not steal power, Poco frowns upon that

nickelec

No, I meant the meter itself moved from the existing cabinet to the new cabinet And get rid of the old base.
Never see anything like that around here. Houses aren’t big enough I guess…
Good looking job though.
That meter does not fit in that base

nickelec

One question since power enters the bottom, why not flip the panel to avoid excess cable in the panel?
I personally don't like doing that to meet.feels upside and not right, even though with that type of main breaker it would be compliant. Just a creature of habit the extra cost for an extra 10-15 of wire in the grand scheme of the project isn't really that much maybe 50$-75$

I personally don't like doing that to meet.feels upside and not right, even though with that type of main breaker it would be compliant. Just a creature of habit the extra cost for an extra 10-15 of wire in the grand scheme of the project isn't really that much maybe 50$-75$

I like putting MB down in situations like that, especially if most of the branch circuits are on the top. For Siemens three-phase load centers with the QR breaker, you do need to remove and invert the breaker for it to be compliant. A bit of a hassle but I still do it usually.

Occupation
Electrical Contractor
I have a complaint... Electricians are not supposed to have a broom according to the other trades. And I clearly see a broom in this picture. I believe that may be an NEC violation. Just kidding I always sweep up. Nice work..

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.