Am I being too picky?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dennis Alwon

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrical Contractor
Please don't tell me if you use GE , I still have respect for you that i rather keep LOL
I know they are cheap but thats the very bottom in my book of quality

They are a bit cheaper than CH but not much and I have never had a problem with them. I think I had one afci I had to replace. I don't find them cheaply made at all-- at least not anymore so then any other residential panel.

I was forced into them years ago when my supplier dropped CH and went with GE or Ite. I chose GE and have gotten comfortable with them.

Jim W in Tampa

They are a bit cheaper than CH but not much and I have never had a problem with them. I think I had one afci I had to replace. I don't find them cheaply made at all-- at least not anymore so then any other residential panel.

I was forced into them years ago when my supplier dropped CH and went with GE or Ite. I chose GE and have gotten comfortable with them.

I have bad taste for anything GE part is from my days doing TV repairs. I called it garbage electric. Given a choice they are the last.

shepelec

I installed a 208v 200A 3ph bolt panel board and it was so cheaply made I was embarassed. The cover should never be needed to hold the breakers in place.

I forward those pics to one of our continuing ed instructors who is also an inspector. I would love to see the look on the electricians face if he uses one of those in his classes.:grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.