Anybody else get this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hurk27

These people are using what is called a "Bot" it is a small program made using a base program such as Quick Macro, to automate computer operations that use the keyboard and mouse, and direct calls for such functions, this one apparently logs in, clicks on the members list, hits "post" at the top to bring up those with high post counts, then is set to PM everyone in that list, and maybe a page or two down, then its gone as fast as it came in. It might have a list of sites to go to each time, and some can even sign up to a BBS on its own, while for the most part making a new member wait till a mod has given an ok to allow a new member access, or posting will help cut down these attacks, they can't always be blocked at first, as they can play the waiting game by manually signing up to many sites, and appearing legit posting questions and or answer post, and then launch the bot to attack all the sites at once, most of the time IP address logging can keep them out, but even this can be worked around, as simple as resetting you IP through your service provider, and there is even software that will post fake IP's making you appear that your from a different country, one good method is to e-mail his service provider and make a claim of abuse by also sending them the spam their sending out, at least the changing of the IP wont work if they are band from there own service provider.

But in realty they will be back, after changing their IP, and setting up another user account, and all we will see is a one post wonder again, who will never respond to an answer in a thread they created.

How do I know all this, I spent 5 years Moderating a poker site called CKG.

I was soooo disappointed after opening this thread and finding out that there is no such thing as free electricity.:mad:
But i really enjoyed all the funny posts.:)
I think I might be getting addicted to this forum.

kwired

Electron manager
I was soooo disappointed after opening this thread and finding out that there is no such thing as free electricity.:mad:
But i really enjoyed all the funny posts.:)
I think I might be getting addicted to this forum.

Electricity is free and everywhere. It is the energy needed to make it do something and the cost of equipment and maintenance that you pay for.

Status
Not open for further replies.