beware using mike holts material to study

Status
Not open for further replies.

byourdesky

I have Mike Holts Electrical NEC Exam Preparation book and i understand what the OP is saying......there are incorrect answers on the quiz and it will drive you nuts cause you are certain you have the right answer....but in the front of the answer key is all the corrections........it does suck thinking you are wrong until you look at those corrections and see you were right the whole time

wirebender

It's time for a group hug.:D :D

icon_grphuggif-1.gif

iaov

There we go thats more like it.:D
I like the group hug idea. Might be a good idea on a different thread tonight too. I did not use MH books to study for my Masters test but I know several other Masters who did use his materials succesfully.The OP said it all when he said check your answers very carefully. It applies to our field in general.:smile:

jumper

And who could blame him for not coming back after 10 - 12 guys give him a hard time?

Not a great showing by this forum to a new poster. :mad:

Sir, i respect your opinion; however, I disagree. The OP did not ask for help or clarification, he pulled a " drive by shooting." If he had asked a question or sought help,great! That is what you all do.:D But, imo he insinuated that Mike Holt products were deceitful and irresponsible. That is what I find objectionable. If there is eratta , it will be corrected, and published as others have mentioned. I can speak from experience that this does not happen alot, I have found a few mistakes in calculus books that cost me alot more time!, and the pubishers could care less. If the OP wants help, he is free to come back. If the OP wants a study partner he can call me, I would apppreciate a study partner. If the OP wants to complain and ridicule MH products with out research than I then he is on his own.

Last edited:

B4T

Sir, i respect your opinion; however, I disagree. The OP did not ask for help or clarification, he pulled a " drive by shooting." If he had asked a question or sought help,great! That is what you all do.:D But, imo he insinuated that Mike Holt products were deceitful and irresponsible. That is what I find objectionable. If there is eratta , it will be corrected, and published as others have mentioned. I can speak from experience that this does not happen alot, I have found a few mistakes in calculus books that cost me alot more time!, and the pubishers could care less. If the OP wants help, he is free to come back. If the OP wants a study partner he can call me, I would apppreciate a study partner. If the OP wants to complain and ridicule MH products with out research than I then he is on his own.

I agree with that.. well said

iwire

Staff member
Sir, i respect your opinion; however, I disagree. The OP did not ask for help or clarification, he pulled a " drive by shooting." If he had asked a question or sought help,great!

First all new post are manually approved by a moderator, so his post being critical of Mike was approved.

Second he had ONE POST and 12 to 15 people gave him a hard time, no normal person would come back and post again at least not in a friendly way.

Truthfully I failed as a moderator as I should have kept pulling down the unhelpful posts.

Check this out and realize the this forum is here to be helpful.

Treatment of New Members

Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.