Burrito Q: Fastening of EMT

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

iwire

Staff member
Bob, hard headed fits both of us.

Yes.

I never said anything about conduit only being ran horizontal.

If we MUST comply with both A & B then we are only allowed to run EMT horizontally in framing members, no other locations are allowed when we MUST use A & B together.

We can not use the hanbook period and you know why so get over it.

I did not use the handbook, I am reading the code.

All we have is what is writen and we must follow that and only that.

OK in that case the words say we must run EMT horizontally in framing members, it cannot be run vertically or anyplace outside of a framing member.

As i been saying my issue is over that one little word AND . I know your smart enough to read english and know what the word AND means.

I do and I also am smart enough to know when someone is talking down to me and in person few people due that.

Highlite the part of B that you believe says we do not need A.

Highlite the part that allows us to run EMT outside of a framing member if we must always comply with both A & B.

B is only talking about SUPPORT and it says framing can be permited as SUPPORT it never sait it was support and securing because it is not secured if just laying there.

You are correct it is not secured if it is just supported. But the NEC allows that when running through framing members.

Jim do you agree that the NEC allows EMT to be fished?

When EMT is fished must it be securely fastened?

iwire

Staff member

? Person 1 says, ?The sky is blue.?
? Person 2 says, ?The grass is green.?
? Question: Which person is wrong?

Or how about this?
? Person 1 (Jim or Charlie, perhaps) says, ?The book tells us to do A and B.?
? Person 2 (Bob or Roger, perhaps) says, ?That does not make sense (for all these good reasons), and therefore cannot possibly be what the CMP intended.
? Question: Which person is wrong?

Or how about this?
? The book says what the book says, and what the book says is "do A and B."
? If you do not like what the book says, or if you think the book cannot be followed as written, then there is a process you can follow to get the book changed.
? In the mean time, it is perhaps not appropriate to say "Person 1 is wrong," since the book has not yet been changed.

The result of the poll is correct.

Roger is correct.

Mike Holt is correct.

I am correct.

I will not agree to disagree. :)

iwire

Staff member
Ok, I know I said I was done, but..................

Maybe we should have a poll so people can vote again after all the discussion/debate? That would be interesting. :)

OK here is a link to the new poll.

Re-poll

But with that I am closing this thread, no need for both to be open at once. Further discussion will be in the new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.