ccccccold!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kwired

Electron manager
Cooper thieves will not be stoped over a few locks. Have heard of them even cutting gang box's in half with saw saw.

You guys up north might be missing out on how to turn the cold into $$$$$$$$$
If insulation is that brittle why not gather up all your scrap wire and when it is below 0 smash it with something and let the insulation fall off and get higher price for bare.

First I'd have to dig the scrap pile out of the snow. After done with that I will have had enough of the cold and go back inside. Next time I think about it, it will be probably be covered in snow again.

The scrap can wait for nicer weather.

I dont buy very many Cooper products so I don't have much trouble with Cooper thieves:)

Jim W in Tampa

First I'd have to dig the scrap pile out of the snow. After done with that I will have had enough of the cold and go back inside. Next time I think about it, it will be probably be covered in snow again.

The scrap can wait for nicer weather.

I dont buy very many Cooper products so I don't have much trouble with Cooper thieves:)

I been hearing a lot lately about this stuff called SNOW , not sure i understand. Some say it's pretty and others have a lot of negatives. Could you mail me some ?

kwired

Electron manager
I been hearing a lot lately about this stuff called SNOW , not sure i understand. Some say it's pretty and others have a lot of negatives. Could you mail me some ?

I received an email a couple years ago with a little story titled "diary of a snowshoveler".

Started out with the author talking about how pretty the snow was and how happy he was that he moved to where he lives.

The story continues with all happy events for a couple of weeks then things start to get a little frustrating, eventually the guy even becomes homicidal over the guy driving the snowplow down the street for pushing snow onto the sidewalk he had already shoveled.

I'd post it but it is rather long. But if you have been there before you can easily put yourself in the guys shoes, may be extreme actions in the story but we all often feel the way the story is written.

We also get to enjoy moderately extreme heat and humidity in this area also. We don't like to have too much of one thing around here. I personally would not mind taking the yearly average temperature and just setting natures thermostat at that setting.

electricmanscott

Gezz if it's not weathered-in - then it also means it's not a secured site!...

How can one afford to put in the NM with all the thief going on? :cool:

Says the Guy from North Carolina!

"Weathered in" doesn't mean squat as far as temps go unfortunately. I'm not sure what it means actually. Many a house is wired in frigid temperatures. It is not fun!

cadpoint

"Weathered in"
I really don't know either, I don't usually deal with that side of construction. A lot of work gets done before the glazier shows up, on larger types jobs!

As high as thief is around construction sites here, I've noted technic's where they start construction (commerical) on higher floors and work down like the motel going up down the street... the windows just went in, and it seems the electrician started late (maybe even just due to this one fact), and the building is still un-secure!

The job is being MC'd in the rental's and hard piped between floors and I'll assume that includes F/A... But it just amazing to me the invite to thief thats now so previlant, depending on the a job's location. I know it's bad around here!

Plasma welder used going into job trailers, outside HVAC units getting scrapped in place. Seems almost daily...

I hope everyone understands their insurance policy's!

nhfire77

-14 F at 8am this morning. Fiberglass ladders are cold enough, the lift was robbing my gloved hands of heat. It took 30 min to change a single device at 19' up. I'm done outside for the day. You Minnesota and Alaskan guys can keep it.

Status
Not open for further replies.