CFL Light bulbs - Insanity

Status
Not open for further replies.

tyha

very, very good. i didn't think too much of texas when I was there after hurricane Rita but i absolutely agree with the congressman and it was well put. By the way we couldn't find a restaraunt that served sweet tea there in beumont, whats the deal with that?

Minuteman

tyha said:
very, very good. i didn't think too much of texas when I was there after hurricane Rita but i absolutely agree with the congressman and it was well put. By the way we couldn't find a restaraunt that served sweet tea there in beumont, whats the deal with that?
Don't know. I live north of the (Red) River. They do things differently in Texas. :grin:

tmbrk

tyha said:

I used to drive through Beaumont on the way from Houston to Lake Charles, LA. They did have some awesome cajun food with boudin sausage.

jeremysterling

Congressman Poe was a criminal judge in Houston before going to DC. He was famous for his inventive punishments and sentencing. Once, he told a convicted offender that his sentence would be a year for every step it took for him to approach the bench. The defendant "stopped, dropped and rolled" to the bench. Judge Poe gave him probation!

tonyou812

tyha said:
uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuggggggggggggggghhhhhh ITS CALLED "ICED TEA" what the hell is "sweet tea" ? What if I dont like sweetener in my "ICED TEA" Do you call it unsweetened sweet tea? the clip was great by the way, I totaly agree with the congress man

peter d

Re- mercury contamination. I remember on one office demo that we did, we were to disconnect and cut loose the troffers and let them hit the floor, and the demo guys did the rest. The demo guys took them apart and made nice piles of lamps, ballasts, troffer housing, and aluminum grills. We promptly began throwing ballasts at the piles of lamps. :D

480sparky

tonyou812 said:
uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuggggggggggggggghhhhhh ITS CALLED "ICED TEA" what the hell is "sweet tea" ? What if I dont like sweetener in my "ICED TEA" Do you call it unsweetened sweet tea? the clip was great by the way, I totaly agree with the congress man

Don't have a cow, man. Names are regional. Ever go down south? In some places, it's not pop, it's not soda. It's Coke. Pepsi is a Coke. Sprite is a Coke. Mt. Dew is a Coke. Mr. Pibb is a Coke. Jolt is a Coke.

In the Southwest, you won't find skim milk. It's Non-Fat.

Names ban even be local. In the big city, they call it corn on the cob. Us country folk call it a roasting ear. They say "Creek". I say Crick.

ultramegabob

480sparky said:
Don't have a cow, man. Names are regional. Ever go down south? In some places, it's not pop, it's not soda. It's Coke. Pepsi is a Coke. Sprite is a Coke. Mt. Dew is a Coke. Mr. Pibb is a Coke. Jolt is a Coke.

In the Southwest, you won't find skim milk. It's Non-Fat.

Names ban even be local. In the big city, they call it corn on the cob. Us country folk call it a roasting ear. They say "Creek". I say Crick.

all soft drinks in Indiana are "Cokes" we have sweetend and unsweetend tea, neither of which is "sweet tea" sweet tea is made by adding ungodly abounts of sugar to the tea while it is still very hot which allows for more sugar to saturate into the liquid. In sweetned tea like we have around here, the sugar is usually added after the tea has cooled for the most part, and if you add too much sugar it will not absorb and just collect at the bottom of the container

brantmacga

Señor Member
Occupation
Former Child
brian john said:
UHHH cause sweet tea SUX.

you're outta your mind. unsweet tea is the worst drink in the history of beverages.

and all soft drinks are called coke. except pepsi. its called 'nasty'.

blueheels2

Occupation
Electrical contractor
I'm sorry, Ididn't read anything after BrianJohn said sweet tea sux. All I can say is you haven't had any good tea or you are a relocated yankee.

mdshunk

peter d said:
How 'bout them CFLs? ;)
I'd be happier about them if they were actually made here. I use TPI brand CFL's. They're about the best I've used. I certainly don't suggest CFL's, but customers sometimes insist on it. I'll put in an incandescent A-lamp or a nice halogen PAR lamp if I get to have my way.

Status
Not open for further replies.