Challenge vs Question on a forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dicklaxt

Here's my take,,,,I learn by understanding,ie: if you tell me black is black then you must understand why black is black but I don't, so I ask questions so I can gain that same understanding.When I undestand why black is black then I have learned.If I just accept your answer that black is black I haven't learned anything.I have just been allowed to share what you think or know is right.

It may sometimes sound as if the questions are challenges on and with in a forum but most assuredly they are not.

If I were to question a statement by others and understand why that statement was made then I have learned something,now on the other hand if I challenge a statement and explain why I challenged and they understand that,then they have learned if they accept to do so.

Such is life on a forum or in general,,,,,,many of you will read this and think, what the ****but those that try to understand the reasoning will learn.;) :grin:

Okay back to reading.

dick

cadpoint

dicklaxt said:
Here's my take...When I undestand why black is black then I have learned.
Black is the absence of light or what the eye might see - color.

The physical properties of a color displaying is an absorption of that color by an object.

It is not an objects color that one sees, we see what the object can present in respects to its absorption, or viewable magnetic spectrum.

much like the forum, much like life.

quogueelectric

Trust me you will know when you are being challenged around here. That is why I always like to wear milkbone underwear so the challengers keep coming back for more doggie treats.

480sparky

cadpoint said:
Black is the absence of light or what the eye might see - color. .....

This is a fundamental statement that some do not understand.

Dark is not the opposite of light... it is the absence of light.
Silence is not the opposite of sound... it is the absence of sound.
Cold is not the opposite of heat... it is the absence of heat.

To put this in context, modern refigeration does not 'create' cold, but simply removes the heat to another area. So when you turn your air conditioning on, it does not cool the air, but absorbs and extracts the heat inside and routes it outside.

cschmid

quogueelectric said:
Trust me you will know when you are being challenged around here. That is why I always like to wear milkbone underwear so the challengers keep coming back for more doggie treats.

Man is that why the lab begs at the grill while we are grilling steak..:grin:

iaov

cadpoint said:
Black is the absence of light or what the eye might see - color.

The physical properties of a color displaying is an absorption of that color by an object.

It is not an objects color that one sees, we see what the object can present in respects to its absorption, or viewable magnetic spectrum.
I believe the color of an object is the light frequencies it does not absorb. We see thee frequecies that are reflected. If one does not have a thin skin and take things personaly, one can learn a tremendous amount on this forum. Sometimes it requires asking a DFQ or two.:smile:

cschmid

quogueelectric said:
Two words donkey JET Favre.

That was three..vikes will buy ticket for farve to go to jets..if you take farve and then your team goes to play offs or super owl it is because of farve not your good team..we would rather make the play offs with out farve..

iaov

cschmid said:
That was three..vikes will buy ticket for farve to go to jets..if you take farve and then your team goes to play offs or super owl it is because of farve not your good team..we would rather make the play offs with out farve..
We'ld rather you made it without him too!!:grin: I wish he'ld get a life and stay retired.

cschmid

iaov said:
We'ld rather you made it without him too!!:grin: I wish he'ld get a life and stay retired.

I am with you there..I feel that with all the whoopla he has created he will have allot of records but this will be what everyone talks about..

quogueelectric

cschmid said:
I am a giants fan I am already there

JohnE

quogueelectric said:

NORM!:grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.