Choke effect...

Status
Not open for further replies.

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Chevy, unless there is some reason we must use these city hubs such as job specifications, we use a connector and a ground bushing.

Although I think they make a better looking project and we do use them quite a bit, city hubs are 10 times the cost of a connector and ground bushing.

Roger

chevyx92

roger said:
Chevy, unless there is some reason we must use these city hubs such as job specifications, we use a connector and a ground bushing.

Although I think they make a better looking project and we do use them quite a bit, city hubs are 10 times the cost of a connector and ground bushing.

Roger
10 times really? Wow, I'll stick to a connector and grounding bushing.

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Chevy, they really are ridiculous in price. It seems as though the last 1" I bought was $18.00

Roger

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
roger said:

Roger

That's fine until you have a 2" with a 500 Kcmil conductor. In that situation you choices are limited.

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
Trevor, haven't you ever twisted a 500 around and layed it into a lug on a ground bushing? :rolleyes:

We don't even consider wire benders on a job until 750 comes into play. :D

Roger

infinity

Staff member
Occupation
Journeyman Electrician
roger said:
Trevor, haven't you ever twisted a 500 around and layed it into a lug on a ground bushing? :rolleyes:

We don't even consider wire benders on a job until 750 comes into play. :D

Roger

Using the photo in your link as a reference, trying to bend a 500 Kcmil around to hit the bonding bushing would look rather heinous. The straight-in method in the photo IMO is a much better installation. Even if it's only an aesthetic improvement over the 500 around the bonding bushing.

roger

Staff member
Occupation
Retired Electrician
infinity said:
Using the photo in your link as a reference, trying to bend a 500 Kcmil around to hit the bonding bushing would look rather heinous. The straight-in method in the photo IMO is a much better installation. Even if it's only an aesthetic improvement over the 500 around the bonding bushing.

Trevor, you will get no argument from me. ;)

Roger

Status
Not open for further replies.