Clothes Closet Receptacles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim W in Tampa

So, in other words, what a room is is based solely on what I call it?

yes and it might even be the truth at time of construction. Few years ago i wired a rather strange house. This huge 3 car 4,000 sq ft home only showed 1 bedroom. And as much as i tried i could not get the owner to cover what most would call 2 bedrooms with smoke detectors. They were typical hall with bathroom in middle and room on each side. Called 1 a sewing room and other a game room. Actual use was for grandkids to stay over. Neither had a closet but was very easy to see how fast that could change. Even called it to inspectors attention but nothing we could do about it.
If they ever sell it there is no dought they end up as bedrooms.

Also fixed a buisness partners blue prints for apartment off his house for his daughter. Was not allowed 2 kitchens or it be called a duplex and zoneing forbid it. Solution was hand me some whiteout and then called the kitchen SNACK BAR ,resumit plans and no problem.

Last edited:

480sparky

yes and it might even be the truth at time of construction. ..........

Cool. So how do you wire a dwelling that has no kitchen, bedrooms, bathrooms, laundry, dining room etc.?

Names-1.jpg

480sparky

Are to get permit in residential area here.

Are you asking if I got a permit for the job shown on my print? Yes, all electrical work requires a permit here.

Currious did you wire it ?

Um, no. I just made up that print to see what could happen when you just 'label' a room whatever you want. It begs the question I posted earler.... how do you wire a dwelling that has no kitchen, bedrooms, etc?

Jim W in Tampa

Are you asking if I got a permit for the job shown on my print? Yes, all electrical work requires a permit here.

Um, no. I just made up that print to see what could happen when you just 'label' a room whatever you want. It begs the question I posted earler.... how do you wire a dwelling that has no kitchen, bedrooms, etc?

I wire whatever the stamped set of plans show. Not my problem if inspector cant take a joke.LOL

Ebow

I have done a quite a few houses with a recepticle in the closet(s). Mostly for security systems, but some for the ironing board in larger walk-ins and entertainment consoles in others.

As far a labeling rooms. When arc fault breakers first became required, one of the GC's I worked for always labeled the third or fourth bedroom as Office to keep from having it Afci protected. I thought it a rather petty way save a few bucks but it worked for the inspector.

Gene

Remember - Speed Kills and its not always you.

Status
Not open for further replies.