Connecting a 12kw genset

Status
Not open for further replies.

technoid52

technoid52

You should/need a EGC bonded to the MTS from the MDP. From there you can run your EGC to the gen set.
I am getting more of a clear picture now what needs to be done. I'll look inside the MTS and MDP today and see whats there. Thank you

RUWired

Thank you for your input. We always put the 3 phase genset feeders in a separate conduit. If they were doubles comming off the breaker then we would use 2 conduits to avoid inductive problems. So I assume this is the same issue for single phase running in a common conduit? I will take your advise and put in another conduit. Thank you.

FYI only, article 702.9 allows the generator feeder to occupy the same raceway as other general wiring. But if not on a budget, a seperate raceway never hurts.

Rick

technoid52

FYI only, article 702.9 allows the generator feeder to occupy the same raceway as other general wiring. But if not on a budget, a seperate raceway never hurts.

Rick
Ok, Thanks to everyone who have answered my thread. I bought all the materials needed. As soon as the frost line melts I'll be ready to go. Keep the faith JOHN 3:16

Status
Not open for further replies.